seven.

jungkook

i could feel the panic and adrenaline rush through every vein in my body. suddenly my body wasn't glued to the bed anymore and i quickly grabbed my coat, sprinting straight to his house.

what could've happened? his voice was rough— like he was hurt and i couldn't bear it.

please be alright.

i turned on the corner and climbed the wall on the sides of the gate. if it was bad, what good does security do?

my fist quickly slammed against the door and knocked continuously. someone was against the door and having trouble opening it.

there was a small click, and i twisted the knob and hurried in.

there, jimin stood. his eyes red and puffy, his breathing was so loud that he had trouble maintaining it. quickly i picked him up in my arms and warmed him up.

"what happened? are you okay?"

he shuddered, the warmth finally easing up his cold skin. what has he been doing?

it took him a little while to calm down, his breathing was quiet, but still his heart pounded loudly. his eyes were droopy. we were on the couch, he was snuggled up beside me so that he kept warm, but it was too quiet.

and i was too worried.

"jimin? what's going on?"

his eyes shot open, and he smiled when he saw my face. "hey, i'm sorry... it's so late and you ran here."

my heart thumped loudly. i frowned and flicked his forehead. "i got so nervous and blacked out. then the next thing i know you were in my arms having trouble breathing."

his breathing came to a halt. "oh. i... had a panic attack. this was the worst that came. i didn't notice that it was you i called until you answered. i'm sorry."

i shook my head and sighed, hugging him closer.

"it's okay, i just got too overworked. i'm glad you called me."

he giggled and snuggled closer to my chest, soaking up the warmth. there was a sting on my cheeks and my heart felt like it was about to burst.

we were hugging, in his couch, in park jimin's house. i felt my heart thump faster.

we were like... lovers.

"do you want something warm to eat? there's probably something in the kitchen."

he moved and sat up, grabbing the displayed jacket on the chair. he walked towards the cabinets where food and other necessities were hidden. i quickly followed after him, worried.

he grinned. "i'm fine now. my heart still has to slow down, but i'm better with company."

he was cooking something simple, some fried omelets and a cup of ramen that was enough for both of us. it surprised me to find korean food in europe, after all— europe would be the last place koreans would think of moving to.

i helped him set the plate and bowls, then we sat down and ate.

i felt better. it was our first meal together. how fast did things progress? just the other day we were strangers who met by chance. and still, i couldn't help but be stunned by his face.

then he reminded me of the topaz colored flower by the sidewalk.

was he a wild flower growing amongst the weeds? or was he a different kind that fit in with the rest? should he be plucked out or kept taken care of, waiting for someone to pluck him out and own him as their own?

my stomach did a violent flip.

someone? to... own him?

i shuddered at the thought and kept eating quietly.

don't get ahead of yourself,  the same voice whispered. you two are nothing yet.

at the same time, i wondered what he was thinking of, his eyes were distracted and busy, yet his mind looked like it was somewhere else. wandering, always wandering.

and here i am thinking of what is in his mind. i wanted to know.

are you thinking of me... the same way i'm thinking of you?