five.

seokjin

jungkook came in early today. that part isn't weird, what is weird is the fact that he's all giddy and smiley and hopping around. something good must've happened in his miserable life.

"so what is it?" i asked while we were cleaning the tables. he smiled at me and raised an eyebrow, playing the oblivious.

"what's what?"

"what's the reason you're on cloud 9? you always look like the life's sucked out of you."

he giggled and hopped to the counter. he ignored my question, this brat. i guess i won't get pushy, but dang it— i'm too curious. maybe it has something to do with his interest in that customer yesterday? he did leave all of a sudden.

although his excuse was, "there was a relative i knew, so we talked and catched up." so if it concerns his family, i can't pry. i feel like a mother.

he was arranging the flowers on the small vase now, looking at them with goo-goo eyes.

i rolled my eyes and frowned. "can you place the water bottles by the stock room? it's going to pile up near the entrance."

he nodded and did his work. i guess i'll just let him be.

today wasn't as busy, good for my health, bad for my business. it's a given though since today's a weekday and most of the students that come here at school.

suddenly jungkook was all jittery and nervous when a certain customer came in. he immediately smiled when they were talking, and even talked to h casually. like a friend. he was probably just being friendly.

but when the customer sat down at a corner, kook suddenly made mistakes here and there. he almost placed the wrong receipt, almost added frosting instead of the latte, and even burned his hand with the hot coffee. this boy doesn't make mistakes! his good at every freaking thing he does and sometimes it gets scary.

ah, wait. ever since that customer came in, he's been acting differently. is it because— blech. wait, gross. he's in love?

jungkook, you are disgusting.

but he won't get very far, i assume. the striking customer doesn't look like the one to commit in a relationship nor be interested in being friends. judging by the way he looks at jungkook coldly, i'd say this is all for fun.

not again, i sighed tiredly. hasn't he gotten much heartbreaks already? and not to mention... his accident. isn't he worried? scared even?

this won't happen.

even if that customer seems interested, nobody will hurt jeon anymore. he's gotten too much crap in this world, exactly why he moved away in the first place.

i can't let him hurt anymore than he already is.

i scowled at myself. i'll be a little selfish, keep him safe in my company. but that's it. although he really does seem interested— with the way his eyes light up when they make eye contact, it's pretty darn obvious —it can't be anything more than that.

"jungkook, get back to work."