A Pool Day

Roni, Squints and Yeah-Yeah walk out of the Vincent Drug Store as the two boys fight over who got to carry the ball. "Come on, give it to me."

"No, I wanna carry it."

"Come on."

"I wanna carry it."

Roni rolled her eyes and let them fight even though she was the one who bought the ball. She thought she would let them feel special by letting them hold it because it made her feel good to see them happy.

Suddenly Squints stopped in his place and allowing Yeah-Yeah to take the baseball. "Give it to me."

Squints just stands star struck. "Jeez Louise."

Roni looks to him confused as she hits his arm. "Hey, what's the matter?"

Squints just takes off his glasses and wipes them as Yeah-Yeah gives the baseball to Roni.

Squints just pointed forward like a zombie as he and Yeah-Yeah stare at a certain red lipped blonde. "Wendy Peffercorn. Mmm. Woah. Wow."

Roni looked up and followed their line of sight to see the older girl herself, Wendy peffercorn.

She rolled her eyes at the two boys and smiled as she waved to Wendy, the blonde girl waving back.

Roni started to take the baseball out of its box as Wendy walked passed her and the boys smiling at them.

Once she finally got the ball unboxed Roni snapped both the boys out of their trance. "Okay. Enough of that. Time to go.

Yeah-Yeah nodded and immediately wanted to race back to the sandlot. "Race ya to the sandlot."

He started to run away and Roni started to as well but noticed Squints wasn't moving. He was just staring at Wendy, specifically her butt.

Roni rolled her eyes and groaned as she grabbed onto his arm. "Come on, let's go. We gotta..." Squints cut her off, releasing his arm from her soft grip. "No!"

He continues to stare at Wendy's butt as Roni grabs onto his arm again and drags him towards the sandlot. "We gotta get to the sandlot. Let's go."

The two friends were arguing the entire way as Roni continued to drag Squints.

After a long walk due of Squints refusal to leave, the two made it to the sandlot.

Roni and Squints approach the sandlot crew as Benny asks. "Where have you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already."

Roni sighs as she tossing him the ball. "Squints was pervin' on Wendy peffercorn."

Squints shoved her shoulder as he shook his head. "Shut up. I wasn't."

Yeah-Yeah nodded as he pointed as Squints. "Yeah, yeah, you were. Your tongue was hangin' out of your head, and you was swoonin'."

"Oh, Wendy Peffercorn, my darling lover girl." Roni jokingly tries to imitate Squints.

"I said shut up! I've got a lot of things on my mind." Squings angrily as he sits in the bench.

"Really? Huh? Is it Wendy?" Roni teases.

Squints send Roni an annoyed glare to she just laughs. "Oh. Come on, squints. You know I'm just playing."

Squints sighs knowing Roni really was just joking around and passes her a coke. "I know, I know."

Roni sends him a thankful nod as Ham gets off the bench and walks up to her and Benny. "This pop ain't working, guys. I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot here!"