Chapter 8

Hermione woke with a start, feeling observed.

In fact, as soon as she turned her head to one side of the bed, she jumped to see a girl sitting on a chair beside her, intent on staring at her.

"And you are?" Hermione asked slightly shocked.

"The right question" answered the girl "Is who are you, stranger sleeping in the Gryffindor dormitory"

"I'm Hermione Granger" she said "I only came to Hogwarts two days ago, that's why you don't know me; and I have every reason to stay in this room, as the Sorthing Hat has sorted me into this house"

"I understand" said the other "Pleasure of making your acquaintance, I'm Celestina Warbeck"

"The famous singer?!" Hermione asked in amazement.

"I didn't think I was that well known" said the girl, smiling kindly "Also because I haven't written who knows how many songs and then in the last year I haven't been very active; I'm of sixth year anyway if you were wondering"

"I'm at the fifth" she said "However, I heard a lot about you, they say you have a fantastic voice!"

"Celetina Warbeck!" thought Hermione in shock "The most famous witch of all time is my roommate!"

"So" Celestina continued, rising from her chair smiling "Don't stand there, you don't want to spend all day in bed, don't you?"

"I don't" she answered "Of course not, but what time is it?"

"It is already 9 o'clock; come on chang so I'll show you where the Great Hall is and let's go have breakfast"

"Actually" began to say Hermione "I have no spare clothes, I have not yet had the opportunity to go and buy anything and in addition I have not brought anything here to Hogwarts"

"About this" Celestina said turning to look at a big bag by the door "This morning Harfang arrived to bring a bag of clothes for you from the principal, so don't worry for now, then if something is missing I can always accompany you to Hogsmade to get them"

"Ah Harfang, I must remember to thank him later along with the principal" she said relieved.

"The principal must have understood what situation I was in" she thought "Lucky me!"

"You know Harfang? He doesn't miss one" she said over thought.

"Yes, I met him yesterday" she said slightly embarrassed "So I'll go get dressed, I'll do it right away"

"Don't make me wait" Celestina said, laughing.

And so Hermione changed, again in a hurry, and even found a minute to tidy up the remaining clothes in the dresser next to her bed.

"Come on, hurry up I want to introduce you to some people"
and so she walked to the door once again smiling amiably.

"She always smiles, and to say that at first glance she didn't seem like such a sweet and nice girl" Hermione thought as she followed her out of the dormitory.

They left the common room, went down the stairs and came to the Great Hall.

"This you see here is the Great Hall, here we come to have breakfast, lunch and dinner; but we come here even if there is some important communication from the principal or to carry out the teacher's assignments or to have a simple chat with their respective friends"she explained cordially.

"Fastastic!" she answered enthusiastically, despite knowing the place well, but the sight brought to her many happy memories.

"How many things have happened here" she thought with a slight veil of sadness.