19. compromise

nini pov

"these fries taste like potatoes." alyssa said as she dropped her french fry back on her tray.
"lyss, french fries are potatoes." seb said as he patted alyssa's back.
"but like, potatoes taste different then fries. do you know what i mean, nins?" alyssa said as she looked over at me.
"mhm." i bluntly said.
"babes, what's up?" ashlyn said as she set her phone down and scooted closer to me.
"nothing!" i said as i snapped out of it and put a smile on my face.
"okay, so, what about i host a party?" ashlyn said as she rested her head on my shoulder.
"ooooh yes!" alyssa said as she slammed her hands on the table.
"chill!" seb laughed.

........................ 

it was a pretty basic day. grace spent the whole day trying to get close to ricky. i'm happy for her, y'know, making friends. but, maybe they are already dating, which is fine, i'm happy for her..

 but, maybe they are already dating, which is fine, i'm happy for her

well, now i have to give ricky a ride. as friends. i like ricky as a friend. 100%.

ricky pov

nini is nice. grace is too! but, i don't really like anyone like that. i enjoy having nini as a friend.
i walk outside since it's 2:30 and i see nini by her car on her phone.
"hey nins." i say as i open the passenger door.
"ooh, you aren't gonna call me noodle anymore?" she says as she starts her car.
"forgot about that. how about i pick the taylor swift song." i say as i scroll through taylor swifts spotify.
"hm, fine." she says as she waits for me to play music.
end game starts playing through her car speakers. honestly, i dont really listen to taylor swift but, i saw future in this song, so i thought i might like it. it's a compromise.
"damn, bowen, you have taste. end game is a little too, edgy for my liking but it's fine. i'm a simple girl. i prefer long live." she says as she leaves the school parking lot.
it's so weird, being friends with nini but like, a couple weeks ago hating her so much. i forgot about that. but what i can't forget about, is that song... the one i found in nini's notes when i, y'know, stalked it? it's not like i was looking for anything in particular when i did it, i just wanted to look and that's a good enough reason.