6. The Twist of Fate

Natasha who was peeping from the window saw them coming in the building she just sprinted to the closet room.

The front door opened.

Nan- please sit Sir.

Dev was very comfortable... it seemed he knew his way around he went and stood near the balcony.
Manik was coming here for the 1st time.

Manik sat on the couch
Nandini put the coffee to brew and she went to change. (Stains on a cleanliness freaks dress not very helpful)

Nat- What is happening?
The temp of this Apartment hit 200°C (double trouble)

Nan- It was so awkward Nats.. they just showed up. D I understand he has come to my place for parties but.. Manik Sir?

Nat- Maybe cause you didn't pick up your call even after he called 25 times! (Showing her phone)

Nan- Oh now it makes sense

Nat- Does it? Manik Malhotra came himself to check on you just cause u didn't answer your phone! He came to pick you up personally yesterday... gave u a room probably bigger than his... I don't think it makes sense the way you think.

Nan- Nats give me a Night suit fast or the coffee will get ruined!

Nandini quickly changed into a black satin night suit.

Meanwhile the men were conversating as well..
Man- So Mr. Shetty..

Dev- call me Dev please... I insist

Man- Cool. Dev... so where are you from?

Dev- I was born in Bangalore... studied in Bombay then did my college and business studies in New York and now m here.

Man- Great... so did you establish your company?

Dev- no actually I worked and got selected by the board am nominated for the Youngest CEO for the 3rd time this year I ll be featured in Forbes Under 30.

Nan- Sorry I kept you waiting give me 2 mins.

Both- No problem!

Nandini brewed 3 cups of coffee and one cup of warm milk and cookies.

Nan- D your Double Shot
Sir your Decaf
Nats! Your Milk and cookies!

Natasha came running
Nat- for me? How did you know? I love you!
Hi MM ! Hi Dev!

Man- Natasha you live here?

Nat- Ya most of the days!
Kidding Boss ofcourse not I know you pay alot for my Apartment I live there too!
Ok you guys talk! I ll catch up later Dev!
See you tomorrow Boss! And I love you Nans!
She went back to her room

Dev- She is damn cute! You remember how Jason said something about her food and that whole food shaming Debate? Hahahaha

Nan- Ofcourse! Gosh she got so mad!
And Jason was like what did I do? Hehehehe

Dev- Everyone Misses you in office... I miss Nandini Special's in the cafeteria during lunch!

Manik who was sitting there and was fuming with jealousy made him self believe that it was annoyance.