7. With a Bang

Nandini put on the dress matched her shoes with it.
She did her hair in a messy low bun and added tiny flowers in the bun
and then she opened the blue velvet box and just stared at the pair of earrings...
she was in an awe...
the glitter and sparkle of the stones were baffling.

She finally put them on and looked at herself in the mirror.

Nandini POV

Sighing deeply she took a few more deep breaths to calm her nervousness...
You can do it Nandini Murthy... you look great and u wont be alone... probably he has already left... I ll go with a chauffeur. And I m so tiny I ll avoid him all evening.

Nandini knew it very well if she felt his gaze on her... her heart may explode.

Nandini walked up to the main door and saw a black limousine waiting on the front porch.
She calmed down and strode up looking divine only to skip a beat when the limo door opened and stepped out her heart attack

Manik Malhotra!

Looking dapper in a black velvet tux and a red bow tie that to exact exact shade of her gown.
He smirked at her expression and extended his hand.

Nandini came to her senses and nervously gave her hand and he helped her get in the limo.

Man- You look very beautiful Miss Murthy

Man- You look very beautiful Miss Murthy... the dress fits you like a glove... as if made for you.

Nan- Thank you Sir... its really... but it's so expensive m scared to even breath in it! And m not a clumsy person but what if i trip bcz m nervous! And the earrings! It's the biggest responsibility i feel... m so so...

As she went on blabbering Manik just stared at her.

Nan- Sir! Are you thinking about something?

Man- ha? Me?no...

Nan- but u smiled...

Man- Oh... the twins... the twins

Nan- Ya sir... I was thinking of them aswell!!!

Soon the reached the venue and it was like a high scale award show... as soon as the online stream news got announced... the media was there in a snap!

Nandini was reluctant to get down in front of the media... she couldn't afford a scandal and plus if her parents saw this they wouldn't allow her to work there anymore.

Man- What happened?

Nan- Sir. I want to do my job in peace... I am the Nanny of your kids... you going in front of the Paparazzi with me...

Manik understood her discomfort and didn't push her. He got down and told the driver to drop Nandini near the vanity vans.

Manik walked in and he got his pictures clicked and the paps wanted his interview but he told them to wait till the announcement.