Chapter 2 - First Day

- Your POV -

"Well, we arrived a little early so that we can grab your schedule and maybe take a quick tour 'round the school if we have much time." Imogen says entering the school with a stretch.

"It's so big..." I mumble looking around the front of the school taking in the beautiful scenery, 'and it's only the entrance of the school, what the heck?' I sigh, starting to follow Imogen inside the gates.

>>>>>

"You'll get used to it, don't worry." Imogen says before stopping in front of a dark oak door then turning around to face me and pats my head. She then opens the door to the principal's office only to close it just as fast.

"Ugh, she's here... again..." Imogen mumbles, opening the door again and peering inside for the principal, seeing that she isn't present at the moment, she grumbled, rolling her eyes as she steps inside. I follow, curious as to who she's talking about.

"Excuse us for the intrusion." I say closing the door on my way in.

*crunch*

"Well helloo~" a girl with brown shortish hair gets up from the black couch and dusts herself off, quickly finishing off what looks like a cookie.

"Want a cookie?" she asked, taking out two chocolate chip cookies and putting one in her mouth while looking at me and Imogen. I shake my head, and she then looks at Imogen leaning against a wall, occupied with her phone.

"Tsk, no thanks," Imogen said not taking her eyes off her phone.

"Boo~ Same old Gennie. Oh well, you miss out, the chocolate chips on these guys are good as" she shrugs, quickly finishing off the packet and crumpling it into a ball. Then trying to do a basketball throw in hopes of the packet landing into the bin near Imogen but misses, hitting Imogen in the process.

"Oops, my bad Gennie~" she snickered as Imogen scowls at her then puts the packet into the bin and walks towards me.

"Anyways Mae, my cousin here needs her schedule..." Imogen pats my shoulder and then glances at me before adding, "...please". I smile at her.

"You two know each other?" I asked pointing at both of them back and forth.

"Yes..."

"Yes ma'am~"

"Unfortunately..."

"I'm hurt Gennie." The girl supposedly called Mae replied as she pouts, dramatically placing her hand over her chest as if she'd been shot.

"Mae, just do us a favor and hurry up and get her schedule," Imogen said, as she goes back to her spot on the wall and goes on her phone.

"Yes yes..." she hums, her eyes shift to me then she smiles. I smile back.

"I'm Mae Sinclair, and if you must know as to why I'm here, I'm the daughter of the principal and she asked me to look after the place while she's gone. It was pretty boring before you came, so it was nice to meet you..." she says as she dramatically curtsies but then tilts her head up at me.

"Ah! My name is y/n l/n and I'm the cousin of Imogen here." I chuckle and point to Imogen.

"You're quite cute you know?" she says, snaking her hands up to my cheek and around my waist, pulling me flush against her body and looking down at my eyes as they widen in surprise.

"I- uh- um-" I stuttered, blushing. My brain has successfully shut down.

"I'm kidding~ I'm joking with ya~" Mae snickered, stepping away from me, enjoying how easily she was able to make me blush.