VIII. A QUEST

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

Lucy had taken it upon herself steal Anna away from her chatter with Caspian to inform her of everything she had missed in the past half an hour. It included one major moment that branched into two, really. There had been sword fighting duel between Eustace and Reepicheep which it had revealed that the crew of the Dawn Treader had a new member Gael. Whom Anna recognised as the girl who had lost her mother to the green mist –– and along with Lucy as they both took upon themselves to ensure that she warmly welcomed and comfortable.

As time drifted onwards, it seemed that Caspian had been right, as the end of the day grew nearer and the sun began to set they came towards another island and it appeared that the lush and sickly green island brought an adventure upon themselves.

Standing on its sandy shores just as the sun truly began to set along with the crew they all scouted for an area to spend the evening. Anna settled herself next to Lucy and Gael for the night, although judging from the loud piggish snores that Eustace made even from a distance it was lucky that anyone got any sleep.

When dawn broke, it seemed only right that Anna would awake first to the lulling sounds of the waves crashing against the sand and the loud chirping birds.

Anna rose and stretched, looked around for a moment to find everyone else asleep and Lucy missing. It didn't seem like Lucy to disappear out of the blue and something within Anna didn't sit right. She waited a mere thirty seconds before she moved to search and find him. Caspian.

She dropped to her knees and shook him slightly, almost afraid to touch him, "Caspian!" She whispered urgently. It didn't take long for Anna to learn that he slept like a log.

Anna sighed walked back to she had slept grabbed the water canteen and proceeded to pour it on his face. He woke up with a gasp, his dark eyes fluttering open as he proceeded to wipe away the water with the back of his hand.

"Anna," He breathed as he looked up to the young woman, very much startled, "What on earth are you doing?"

Suddenly he could see the panic that grew upon her expression as she shook with worry but her words were calm even if she began to recite everything story-like manner explaining everything she had done from the moment she woke up, "I didn't know where she went but I couldn't go alone, I'd get lost. And you were the best option to help me but you sleep like a bloody log. And I'm truly sorry about the water by the way––"

"Anna," He repeated as he stood cutting her off, his hands on her shoulders as his gaze met her dead in the eye, "Tell exactly me what is wrong."

"Lucy, she's missing," That was all he needed to hear before he pulled her by the wrist along with him towards whenever Edmund was but Anna continued to speak, "No one wakes up as early as me and I grew worried when I woke up and found that she was gone because surely she couldn't have been having a loo break."