Ch4 Becoming closer.

[Trigger  warning: injuries, abuse,  blood]

Melinoe POV

It had been a few months since I had met Bakura and things had not gotten any better at the brothel. The master had gotten more and more cruel about it. Almost too cruel. Right now I was sitting to the side, wrapping my wrist up with bandages, putting it in a cast of sorts. Once I was done with that, I put a linen to my nose to halt the bleeding.

 "Bakura is not going to be pleased if he comes to visit me. He's gonna be pissed." I murmur softly before noticing the familiar white hair. "Oh fuck no."

Bakura POV

I walk into the brothel for a quick drink, feeling like I wanted to relax. That was until I saw my little Gem off to the side. Not quite believing my eyes, I move closer and get more and more pissed. Someone had decided to hurt her and they were going to pay for it. "Hey Melinoe, what happened? Your nose is broken and are you in a splint?" I ask blinking in concern. 

Seeing her nod, I had to bite my tongue. "Yes Bakura. The Master has been getting more and more cruel as of late. I accidentally dropped a few plates after being groped by a customer." I hear her say, causing my heart to sink lower into my chest.  Moving over to her, I carefully re-wrap her wrist, not wanting it to heal wrong. 

"That's it. You're coming with me. You are not going to be here another hour." I say with a tone of finality. Picking her up, I start carrying her bridal style out of the brothel.

Melinoe POV

I flinch as I get carried out of the brothel, putting my hand up to cover my eyes to the sun. As he carries me somewhere away from that hellhole of a workplace. "Where are you taking me Bakura?" I ask with a confused tilt on my head.

"I'm taking you to the palace, or at least to the stables so you can sneak in. Sneak into Queen Christine's room. You'll get a job that way. Christine may see strict but she's soft." I hear before feeling myself get dropped into a stable of some kind.

"Thank you Bakura for the help. I appreciate it. Will I ever see you again?" I ask.

Bakura POV

I shiver a little before hearing, "Thank you Bakura for the help. I appreciate it. Will I ever see you again," come out of her mouth. Giving her a smirk I nod.

"Of course Little Gem. You'll be seeing me again." I murmured before walking away, when I turn to make sure that she made it, I see her climbing into my sister's room in the palace.

'She made it. Sis, treat her right please. She's my Little Gem.'

BellaRiddle155