Ch 5 (pt 2)Confession

[Pt 1 Recap:Christine, having wondered where Melinoe was, snuck up on the duo. "Dear Brother, what are you doing with my friend?" She asked calmly before hearing him chuckle.

"Just admiring her beauty dear sister. After all she is mine. My little gem." Bakura growled possessively.]

Christine chuckled and shook her head, mirth in her eyes. "I am not surprised. Just be careful brother.  I happen to think of highly of her." She murmured, somewhat happy that her brother had found someone. Nodding she turned to head out to the gardens. "Oh and dear brother, there's a small pond that's a quick horse ride away. Take Melinoe there," she added before walking off.

Bakura nodded  before looking at Melinoe.  Glancing around the throne room, he picks Mel up and starts to walk towards the side of the palace that was hidden  from view.  There was a dark black horse waiting with a blanket and some stolen goods. He got onto the horse first, and then put Melinoe on behind him. "Hang on tight," he says before taking off

Melinoe tightly wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his back. He smelled like palm wine and cinnamon and felt very warm to the touch. Almost like a comforting warmth.

Bakura's cheeks started to burn feeling his Little Gem's arms around him; though feeling her rest against him made his ego swell. 'She trusts me. Her skin still feels so soft against mine. They really took care of her,' he thinks as he rides to where his sister suggested.

Once they both arrive to the spot, Bakura slips off the horse, and picks Melinoe up bridal style. Setting her down on the cool sand, he grabbed the blanket, and set it on the ground. "Here you go Melinoe," he said softly.

Melinoe looked up at Bakura and smiled affectionately up at him. "Thank you Bakura. This looks beautiful," She whispers seeing the stars and moon above them. The pale light seemed to highlight her skin in a way that looked stunning to Bakura.

Bakura blushed and turned away to hide it. 'Why does she look so pretty in the pale moonlight? Nobody should look so stunning. That's not normal,' he thinks getting a little flustered.  He soon turned around and just stared at the small woman on the blanket. He walks over to her and sat down next to her.

Melinoe smiled softly, before slowly resting against him. "Safe space. My safe space." She murmured.

Bakura looked down at her and sighed. "Melinoe, I'm not known for being soft. I am a very cruel man. However you are the only one who has unlocked something that I thought I had locked away. I love you and want to be yours." He said before looking embarrassed.

Melinoe blushed before pressing her lips to his.

BellaRiddle155

Here's the confession