Chapter VIII

"I want you to stop, everything that you're doing behind my back. Stop it now."

After saying that, she quickly wiped her tears and walk away leaving me surprised.

She knew it? She knew everything? HOW? Ugh! This is crazy!

I went to class with all the confusions she brought me. Again, I could not focus my mind on learning and I'm even spacing out without knowing. Damnit! Can someone care to explain to me everything?

I rest my head on my table during the break. I feel like my mind is going to burst out. I can't take this.

"Hey bro, what the heck is wrong with you again?"

I heard tim's voice as I felt a tap on my back. I lifted my head and face him.

"Bro, she knew me. All this time, she knew everything I'm doing. She called me by my name bro! She knew me!" I know I sounded really crazy but I don't think I can tolerate this alone anymore.

"What? Who are you talking about--"

"Haliyah." I cut him off. His eyes widened.

"Haliyah?!"

"Lower down your voice idiot! Someone might hear you!"

"Yeah, sorry about that. But wait, what? Haliyah? That girl?" I nodded. "Did you just dream about her? What nonsense are you talking about?"

"I talked to her early this morning."

"You did?"

"Yeah, and I saw a lot of bruises on both of her arms. I got worried so I asked her who did it but she begged me to let her go and stop everything I'm doing behind her back. She even called me migo. I definitely heard it loud and clear."

"So she knew what you've been doing all this time. But what about her arms? Why does she have all those bruises?"

"That's actually what I'm eager to know."

"So now you're really admitting your feelings towards her don't you?" he smiled. I looked at him, annoyed. "Chill bro, you got this. If you need help in pursuing your love? I'm here."

I know this guy is just trying to annoy me but at the same time, he's serious so I told him everything I'm quite suspicious about. Haliyah's brother, that oliver abarrientos. I'm not even surprise that tim knew him but what made him surprise is when I told him how I've seen haliyah tremble over that guy. Even if they're not real siblings, at least he should treat her well like a real family right? But why am I feeling the opposite way?

And who is that woman earlier? She looks like at her 40's or 50's. Why did I see the same terrified reaction haliyah had in front of that woman?

Why do I feel like everything that surrounds her outside the school is the reason why she's acting this way? Making herself a total outcast and refusing to receive help from anyone? Acting strong and independent when in fact, she's just a woman. A woman who is also fragile and in need for someone to lean on.

I have to find this out no matter what. It is indeed no turning back.