Chapter X

"Bro, I really can't believe you've been chasing after her for a week now. Hahaha. What happened to that dignified Miguel Subillaga? Did he just totally disappeared?" Tim laughs.

Look at this man, we just met at the church earlier after mass and he took me to their house for a while for what? Tease me? If I only knew I wouldn't have asked mom's permission for a moment to go with him. Tss!

Well, honestly I can't believe myself too. So how can I give him an answer right?

For one of a hell week, all haliyah did was to ignore me and acted as if I'm invisible. But strangely, I don't feel offended at all and just laugh at my own doing instead.

"Hey you know what tim? I think... I think I'll go ahead?" I stood up and tapped his shoulder. "Today is sunday. You know, a family day. I just received a text from mom so I better go home now."

"Wait what? You're gonna leave already?"

"See you later bro," I salute at him.

"Yeah sure, family day it is! enjoy! Take my car! Here!" he tossed me his car keys.

"Are you serious? I just turned 16 and still a minor tim! No license! I can't drive."

"Oh come on! It won't matter unless you caused an accident. Besides, you're a good and careful driver. No worries!"

"But still--"

"Just go and send my regards to auntie Jhean. I heard her clinic is really taking off, amazing! You should ask her to buy you a car once you turned 18." He turned his back on me and started walking. "See you tomorrow!"

I just shook my head and left. This guy really trust me with everything he has. He does not just treat me like a friend but more like a family.

I drove back home and mom isn't even surprised to see me with a fancy car. He just knew tim that much and because I'm a minor, mom drove the car instead. Even before dad died, we already used to have this kind of family bonding. Every sunday, we go to church and spend the rest of the day together.

First we went to visit dad's grave. Mom cried again, she was always like this every time we visited dad's grave while mike and I, just watched for her quietly.

It's been five years since dad died but mom still hasn't changed. Watching her longing for dad is quite painful but at the same time it seems like you would want to believe in the power of love. She just loves my dad so much that until now, she still can't get over him.

After we went to dad's grave, we spent the day like the usual.

Monday came and just the thought that I'm seeing her today makes me feel really excited. Woah. I think that's weird? Not manly enough. Damn!

When I saw her enter our room I automatically smiled and got my eyes stuck on her until she reached for her seat. When she noticed that I was looking at her, she turned to me and immediately glared, very rude indeed. But it's okay, at least she's beautiful and looks even more beautiful when she glares at me.

"You see migo, even though I'm getting used to your sudden changed, I still laugh at what you do you weirdo! get organized, asshole!" Tim laughs. "You know what bro? Better look at yourself in the mirror or ask everyone in this class. I'm telling you, you just ruined your good fvcking image. Hahaha."

"Are you trying to annoy me now?"

"No. Just facts! You know? Facts?" He smirked. "Hey everyone! Who among you here thinks migo isn't in his normal state?" He shouted. Everyone raised their hands. What the fvck?

"I can hear the sound of love!" Broker said, even approached to high five tim as they both laugh their ass out.

"Come on migo! We've been classmates for years! Never thought only girls like haliyah could bring you change! Agree guys?" Another motherfvker yelled.

I faced palm and just took a deep breath as I took a quick glance at haliyah who does not feel bothered at all. What?! Now everyone is riding on with tim. This feels so embarrassing damn! Get me the hell out of here! Ugh!