Table of contents

This book will update periodically as I finish sections. So add this book to your reading lists to be notified of new tips!

Chapter 1 will ask you to examine your own motivations as a writer, which is an important step for determining what your relationship to your process should look like.

Chapters 2, 3, and 4 will revolve around how to handle having a "main project," which is important if you want to finish a project. We'll cover how to choose a main project, how to work on side projects while advancing your main project, and how to switch your main project. Because hey, sometimes that needs to happen, and that's okay!

Chapters 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 will detail tips for structuring your writing, working on new ideas effectively, and getting the most out of chasing new ideas.

Chapters 10, 11, 12, 13 will focus on motivation, goal-setting, and personal growth as a writer.

I hope these tips will help you develop as a writer, learn to maximize your strengths, and ensure you enjoy writing to the fullest!

______________________________

It's important for me to say something upfront: no writing advice is perfect for all writers.

I am writing this advice based on my own personal goals, motivations, and values as a writer. Those are:

1. I want to make writing a high priority in my life and aim to write almost every day.

2. I want to be constantly improving as a writer for the rest of my life.

3. Someday, I want to complete a novel and publish it. I consider this a critical life goal.

4. However, it is more important to me to enjoy the process of writing than it is for me to finish any given novel.

If you don't share all of these motivations, I hope this book will still be helpful! :) But I felt it was important for me to state my own motivations upfront to help dispel the idea that all writers have the exact same goals. If this writing advice does not resonate with you, do not take it! Do what makes you happiest! <3

______________________________

Please remember to vote so more Wattpaders can find these tips, and please comment with your own suggestions and experiences! Lastly, let me know if any of these tips are helpful to you or if you have any questions!

Thank you for reading!