Lesson 4: Bothered

...March 2018, Baguio City, Philippines...

...

It's almost the end of the month and the monthly test is fast approaching. Students are doing their best coping with the basic rules, grammar, and pronunciation of the English language. Most of the students are being serious in studying as if their future depends on it while the others, especially the young ones, are just going with the flow....

...SHOOOOOOTTTAAAAAA!!!! STOP PLAYING AROUND!!!

...

...

Shota: Yes teacher! I am sorry! I'll be quite now! ......... Promise!

Teacher Raiza: You have said that a million times but you keep on doing it! I will report you to your manager later for misbehaving during group class. That's another punishment for you...

Shota: No Teacher! Please please please... I don't have enough money now to pay for my punishment... My mom's gonna kill me if I ask for more.. I have almost spent my money for next month.

Teacher Raiza: Talk to your manager later...

Sujan: I told you to keep quite.. How much do you owe now for misbehaving and breaking the rules?

Shota: Hmm, maybe 50$? I'm not sure yet haha.

Sujan: What!? Already? What rules did you break to have such punishment?

Shota: Hahaha... Some teachers heard me spoke Japanese every time I talk with my room mate because he's Japanese too. It's just incredible because some of them just appear from nowhere... They are like ninjas! You can't sense them but they can hear you... So if I were you, speak ENGLISH ONLY!!!

Teacher Raiza: SHOTAAAAAA!!!!! (Flying Eraser!)

Shota: AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Vincent: As you can see here, there are a lot of things here, events, people, animals, trees... you can name everything. But the question is, how can you describe all of them?

Kim: Hmmmm, using adjectives?

Vincent: Yes, what else?

Kim: Oh, if they look like they are moving, I could use some verbs too.

Vincent: Very good.. But the question is, are you going to use the same words over and over again?

Kim: Can't it be?

Vincent: Well actually you can, only if you are speaking casually, BUT..... remember that you are going to have your speaking test so you need to learn more words that have the same and opposite meaning. Example.... the word 'small', give me words with the same meaning..

Kim: Little..... very small??

Vincent: Hahahaha, you can also use tiny... How about 'big'?

Kim: Huge! Large.... giant?

Vincent: OK! Very good! Now that's what you call Synonyms. Words having the same meaning.. So if you have noticed, these words are also opposite in meaning ... right?

Kim: Ahhh, Yes teacher..

Vncent: Now you call them Antonyms... Do you understand?

Kim: Yes teacher..

Vincent: But, put in mind, even though they have the same meaning, they still have differences with each other... for example.. Tiny means very small.. Huge means very big!