Chapter 21

Kwon Jiyong brushed back a few strands of hair and tucked them behind her ears, a relaxed expression on his face. "Still mad?" He asked, already knowing the answer to the question. He could tell her pride was too high to give a proper response, but he did not mind that.

"Whatever." She mumbled, too stubborn to admit anything.

He didn't mind this sullen behavior of hers, like a small child, and instead, he guided her in the direction of the black Rolls Royce parked outside. When he made eye contact with Hu Wei in the driver's seat, they shared a silent message as the car started.

"Where are we going?" She curiously asked, watching the city street whir by. She was getting more dizzy and tired by the second, her stomach lightly grumbling.

"You'll find out soon."

Too exhausted to ask anything and too hungry to move, she leaned her head on the car window in an attempt to rest.

He guided her head towards him, leaning down so that she was more comfortable. She hummed in reply, snuggling into his arms in pure content, his warmth wrapped around her like a heavy blanket.

- - - - -

When the two had arrived at their location, Kwon Jiyong glanced down and saw she was deep asleep. He lifted his head to look out to the streets and decided her sleep was more precious.

He sent a quick text to Chen Xie so he could reschedule the planned meeting for today. To Kwon Jiyong, making that man wait was what he deserved for the horrible treatment he rained upon his woman on such a crucial event.

"Back to the house." Kwon Jiyong muttered to Hu Wei who looked at the rearview mirror in confusion while starting the car again and driving in the opposite direction of this place. When the car was a further off, he could see a man running outside, but the car was already too far to see who he was.

Kwon Jiyong readjusted her position so that she was more comfortable. He even changed his position, making him sit in an awkward position, just so she did not have to suffer. He thought of something he heard a while back that if one was comfortable enough to fall asleep in one's arms, it meant the person trusted them explicitly.

His face softened at the idea, curling one finger to touch her cheek before kissing the same spot. "Never again." He muttered, his arms winding tighter around her, an indescribable glint in his eyes, bleak and darker than a river of ink.

Hu Wei peered at the rearview mirror again, his concentrated eyes dispersing into a cloud of melancholy upon seeing the loving couple. His boss had fallen asleep with his cheek resting upon her head and even when he slept, he refused to let the woman go.

Hu Wei's eyes trailed back to the road, his face slightly pain stricken when he realized the couple's rocky future. The two had barely gotten over their tiny obstacles and in the near future, a bigger one would come. It would have the force to shake their world and threaten the tiny foundation they've built their love upon...

Squeezing his eyes shut, he could only pray that the tides would pass by quickly and the storm would leave the two unscathed... His Boss had experienced enough torture, horror, and pain in his life, he did not need anymore.

- - - - -

Dara Park was awoken by the aromatic smell wafting through the room, her nose crinkling at the savoy scent that was making her stomach tingle with delight. She peeled her eyes open with heavy reluctance, giving into her stomach begging desire for food. She had not eaten anything since yesterday's lunch.

She rolled over in the bed, burying her face into the silk pillow while her body slid into the blankets, refusing to get up, but that annoying stomach of hers wouldn't stop pestering her for food!