Chapter 30

At the Kwon Enterprise

"Now, we shall commence the half-decade shareholder and board of director's meeting altogether."

In the center of a spacious room was a large oval table enough to seat only the most prestigious people of the elites. Everyone there had a hand in Kwon Enterprise, one way or another. It could be through high possession of shares or stocks or the sheer position they held in the departments and decisions of Kwon Enterprise. The room was the size of a luxury apartment complex, yet everyone's aura turned it into a shoebox apartment found in the most expensive city in the world.

Currently, only the directors were present. The shareholders were nowhere to be seen or found and this intrigued Muxi Kwon who was silently witnessing the scene as trouble brewed in front of him. How amusing. This meeting wouldn't last long. To begin without the shareholders, was the highest sign of disrespect. What was his idiotic grandson thinking? Oh right, he doesn't think about anything but himself.

Muxi Kwon sat at one end of the table, calm and collected, completely different from his behavior yesterday. It had taken a whole lot of meditating and self-encouraging words to bring him out of his previous state. Now, he carried himself as a Monarch should. Neatly combed hair, placid face, analytical eyes, and lips firmly sealed. His dismissive nature made the people around him to inch away. It was as if the man from yesterday never existed. It was eerie how quickly he was able to fix himself up and this level of professionalism was harvested throughout his extensive years in the business field.

"Thank you for coming here, ladies and gentlemen." Kwon Jiyong sat on the opposite end of the table, facing his grandfather with an equally mellow behavior. His expressionless eyes surveyed the people in the room, his flawlessly smooth face devoid of human emotions. "Today, the meeting will start with the retirement of the Head of Directors, Muxi Kwon."

Muxi Kwon's lips twitched into a cunning smile. Did this brat think it was that easy to remove him from his position? The reason why he was able to still have control within Kwon Enterprise and the Kwon triad was because he held a significant amount of shares in both places. Though it couldn't rival Kwon Jiyong's, but when combined with his partners, it could overthrow his grandson without a second thought.

Muxi Kwon was content with his people. He didn't treat any of them kindly, just as none of them had treated him kindly aside from faux words of compliments. He was content that his influence will never be hindered, for everyone had already pledged loyalty to him. Everyone was as loyal to him as they had been ever since he took over the CEO position; it remained even when he handed it down to Kwon Jiyong.

No one was going to betray him. Half the men in this room belonged to his faction and he only temporarily gave Kwon Jiyong to reign over them.

"I refuse."

Kwon Jiyong ignored his grandfather's words, "Per protocol, all of those who agree, please raise your hand."

Simultaneously, the hands of the other directors were peacefully raised, but never past their shoulders.

Muxi Kwon chuckled. He was entertained by this childsplay of a meeting. It happened every half a decade, and Kwon Jiyong was acting like an amateur here. "Child, you have forgotten our obligations to the stockholders." He tilted his head, "All of them hold respect for the current Head and have obligations to me as they have to you." His lips tugged into a cunning smile, "It will be very easy for them to override this decision—"

"Presented on the screen is a letter from the Head of Attorney over the shareholders with the most percentages. When collectively added together with President Kwon, nothing can overturn the decision. They have collectively agreed to entrust the power to President Kwon." Chen Xie ruthlessly spoke up, "Many have expressed words of flattery to everything you've done for the company; however, they were dissatisfied by your inhumane acts and crude methods."