#9 - The Job

The speedboat approached the long pier where most of the boats were berthed.

They got off and stretched.

"I need a cold coffee dude" Tul told Max lazily.

"I guess me too. Let's try that place." Max replied pointing to a cozy looking place a little distance from the pier.

They walked down the walkway which separated the beach from the restaurants and cafés strung across the coastline. The Phuket coastline was peppered with Palm & Rubber trees. And this little walkway was no exception. Partially hidden among the tall dense trees were these eateries covered in a canopy of dense foliage.

In the dappled shade they saw this cozy little café with simple brown chairs & tables.

They sat down at a table which was near the walkway with a clear view of the turquoise sea and the beach.

When after few minutes of waiting nobody came to take their order Tul commented, "I guess it is self-service."

Tul started to get up from his chair to go place the order when Max motioned him to sit down and himself got up to go. "Technically we are still on a date so let me get the order. What would you like?"

"Ice Latte" Tul replied promptly.

Max marched to the counter where he saw an elderly lady behind the counter taking down an order from a couple. After the couple left and picked a table to sit, Max went up to the counter to order.

He smiled and waiied to the lady who looked to be as old as his own mother was. The lady smiled back at him kindly.

"1 Ice Latte & 1 Iced Viet. And do you have any snacks I can order?" Max gave his order and asked.

"Sorry dear the Iced Viet is not available at the moment. And in snacks I only have cookie packets." She replied apologetically indicating towards a tray kept on the counter with packets of cookies wrapped in butter paper and tied with a blue ribbon.

" She replied apologetically indicating towards a tray kept on the counter with packets of cookies wrapped in butter paper and tied with a blue ribbon

~ A/N ~ Thai Tea Cookies

Max nodded and said, "Fine I will have 2 packets of those and you can change my order to 2 Ice Lattes."

"Sure!"

Max went back to the table and he found Tul watching a game of beach ball being played by a group of youngsters on the beach. They decided to come up with a live commentary between just the 2 of them to while away time. Soon they were roaring with laughter at their own silliness.

The couple at the other table and another group of youngsters at a table behind them were also enjoying their lively banter. Laughing and smiling at the antics of the 2 overgrown boys.

It was already over half an hour since they had ordered.

Max decided to go back to the counter and check on their order.