𝐈𝐈, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐖

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

The last ten minutes had been the most chaotic ten minutes of my entire lifetime. These vampires, with shimmering golden eyes of their own, did not look or sound like they were a part of the vampiric government I had stumbled to for help. Their eyes, although gold, did not reflect the elegance that those outside did, their posture not as sophisticated and their clothing westernized. Americans.

"My apologies for the interruption, Cullens and Ms. Swan, we had a situation outside," the man said quickly, gesturing for me to go towards the brown haired vampire that sat on one of the three aurous thrones. "Marcus, please watch her as we proceed with the trial."

"Of course, Aro," he replied, his voice commanding authority in the room. One of the North American vampires let out a small gasp as I did as was expected of me, walking behind the brown-haired vampire. The third ruler, a near white-haired man, looked at me almost longingly as I stood behind his fellow king.

"Why is there a bleeding human here?" Her hair cut short and her face resembling that of a mere pixie, the vampire looked almost pained as she gazed at me with those golden eyes of hers.

"It is not in your authority to ask such questions of your leaders, Alice," Aro says, sitting back down on his throne, "Though I shall tell you the answer since you seem so perplexed by the mere idea of humanity in these walls. This woman here has been exposed to our kind through a rogue vampire and now she shall be staying here with her cousins, who were bit by said criminal. To track down the man and bring him back for trial shall be our next mission once we are done fancying an agreement on Isabella's own mortality."

"Trapping a human inside of this castle?" Isabella, the human questions, her voice weak and showing her own fear of the powerful creatures in front and around her. Playing with vampires, American? What did you think would happen once you figured it out? That they were going to just let you be human? No, clearly this is a monarchy and they have laws against such behaviors like this. I am no caged dove and I will never be a prisoner.

"I do hope you do not feel trapped in any way, diletto," Aro turns his head back to me, genuine concern in those maroon eyes of his, "That was not our intention."

"This American doesn't know what she's talking about, Aro, I am here to help my cousins. If I must stay here to do so then so be it, for my family I would do anything," relief washes over Aro's face and Isabella's face turns to annoyance.

"He won't let you go if you stay," she attempts to convince me, "They never let anyone go."

"Do you wish to leave?" I shake my head, wishing to see my cousins even if they did turn into immortals. "It is settled, Isabella Swan, this woman is choosing to be here and is not being forced to stay against her will. Though it pains me to hear such malice come from your heart in regards to the idea of staying with us, know that such opinions shall never be used against you. We only want people in our midst who want to be here."