ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹¹

☆꧁___________________________꧂☆

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ:

ᴋɪɴᴋʏ ɢᴀʏ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ

☆꧁___________________________꧂☆

Marcus' POV

Eyes fluttering closed, my beautiful mate started to fall asleep on my bare chest, nuzzling her warm body into me. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips. She was finally here with me. After all of these years, I was complete, my final mate accepting the bond between us and accepting me into her heart. In all of my years, I had not met a human who allowed for a true mate bond to grow exponentially like ours did. Not even vampires had this type of growth.

The allure of the way her skin felt on mine is intoxicating, pulling me in and begging me to do something. She's human, I constantly had to remind myself. I would not, no, could not harm her. Even the mere thought of doing so drove me mad.

Everything about the woman in my arms drove me mad. My mate was just so perfect. I couldn't understand how the fates had given me such perfection. No matter what she did, she did so with a certain level of grace.

Her voice while she sang to those small scars on sides of her hip, she was completely and utterly breathtaking.

We stayed quiet for some time, Astraea's breathing picking up at certain points in time as she slept, her peaceful expression lighting up the room. It was only when our door started to open that I knew we would be in the company of others.

Aro and Caius carefully walked through our door, with Aro a bit too loud. I gave him a knowing glare and pointed to our sleeping mate on my chest. He cursed under his breath and nodded, looking at where our mate was resting.

"Why are you...?" Caius whispered, looking between where Astraea and I were and Aro, who was taking a sniff of our room. My blonde mate did the same before he let out a small hiss. "Consummating the bond, are we?"

"Not fully," I deflected, knowing that neither of us were ready for such an act. Hell, I had never even slept with a woman before and frankly had no idea what I was supposed to do in practice. "What are you two doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at trial?"

"We finished early. Guy attacked and Renata ripped his head off," I snarled and pulled blanket's over my human mate's head, enclosing her in her own warmth. "Nobody was hurt, amore, I promise. How long has la nostra regina been sleeping for? Humans should not sleep more than nine hours in a day and she will need to sleep tonight to keep herself on a decent schedule."

"Only about an hour, caro," I whisper, making sure that Astraea was situated nicely on my chest. I chucked as she pulled herself almost completely out of the blankets in order to nuzzle herself into my neck. "She has exhausted some energy today, let her sleep for at least another half hour. I would not wish to wake her."