Part 1 Chapter 3

"This HAS to be a mistake" Lillian frantically thought to herself.

She walked over to the table that the other students of the Slytherin house were sitting at. She was a couple seats away from Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Well, look who it is." Draco remarked, looking over at her.

"Surprise."

"Lillian, is it?"

She nodded.

"Welcome to Slytherin." A girl beside her said.

"Thanks." Lillian replied, still in shock over the sorting hat's decision.

"I'm Daphne, Daphne Greengrass." She announced.

"Lillian Rose"

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement" Dumbledore stated loudly.

Everyone quieted down.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but will be home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete." Dumbledore explained.

All the students in the great hall began whispering in excitement. Dumbledore continued to explain that whoever is chosen stands alone, and that the contests are very severe and not for the faint of heart.

"But enough of that. Now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their headmistress Madame Maxine!"

"That's my school!" Lillian exclaimed a little too loudly, therefore gaining questionable looks from the students around her.

A group of about 12 women in light blue dresses pranced down the isle elegantly, doing a beautiful piece of choreography. Lillian shook her head at the obvious attention from the guys they were attracting. She recognized a lot of them from school, but none of them had been super close with her during her years there. They seemed to be older than she was. Everyone cheered, as the very, very tall headmistress walked to the front of the hall.

"And now are friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang, and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff" Dumbledore announced.

A large group of rather tough looking men marched through the door, sparking long batons on the floor before twirling them and sprinting to the front. They chanted while doing flips, and suddenly all eyes were on a certain student. Their Headmaster seemed to have a very stern expression on his face, not appearing to be all that cheery.

"Blimey, its him. Its Victor Krum!" Lillian heard Ron exclaim from a nearby table.

Everyone watched in awe as the students from other schools took their seats in the Great Hall alongside the students of Hogwarts.

"So you really went there?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah, I did."

"Why'd you transfer?"

"My mother went here, and I suppose she always wanted me to as well." Lillian explained.

"Interesting"

Dumbledore then began explaining more about the Triwizard Tournament. Whoever won would gain eternal glory, but only after surviving three extremely dangerous tasks. He then introduced the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Before he could begin, the students' attention was switched to the corner of the hall where stood Alistar Moody, an auror known for being an excellent dark wizard catcher. In fact, he was considered to be the most famous auror of all time. He was drinking some strange liquid as his fake eye scanned the room. Mr. Crouch then explained the new rule being put in place. This rule stated that no student under the age of seventeen would be allowed to compete. This sparked a lot of anger within the student body, including Lillian who had been eager to hear more about the tournament.