Part 3 Chapter 8

It was time for the students of Hogwarts to return home for the holidays. They were all on the Hogwarts Express. Ron and Hermione were not exactly on the best of terms, so Ron and Harry sat together, and Lillian sat with Hermione. She had planned on sitting with Aliya, but she had Lexany, and Lillian wanted to make sure Hermione was okay. Aliya was spending the holiday with Lillian, so she brushed it off knowing she'd see her when the train arrived at the King's Cross Station. Lillian told Hermione about Snape wanting to help Draco with whatever he had been chosen for, and everything else her and Harry overheard.

"An Unbreakable Vow? That's serious. If you break it, you die. You're sure that's what he said?"

"Yes, Harry and I both heard it. He swore to someone that he would protect Draco, and by doing so made an Unbreakable Vow."

"Probably one of his parents, I mean there's nobody else that would care- well, be so insistent on his protection." Hermione told her.

"You think his parents are the only people who would go that far to keep him safe?"

She nodded. As much as it saddened Lillian to admit, she had a point. If you make an Unbreakable Vow, and break it, you're dead. If his parents were that desprate to keep him safe currently, whatever he was up to was dangerous.

"I'm worried Hermione. I don't know exactly what he's been told do to but it's dangerous."

"I know, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. We have to face it though. Draco's carrying out one of Voldemort's deeds. Whether he's a Death Eater or not, I don't know."

"He woudn't! If he's doing something Voldemort wants done, his father is making him. Draco can't be a Death Eater He just can't. Even if-"

She remembered something.

"Even if he hides his arm..." She whispered.

"He does?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, we were um, well he-"

She raised a brow.

"You were what?"

She scratched the back of her head, and looked away sheepishly.

"We were um, studying. And he didn't want to show his arm."

"He's hiding a Dark Mark Lillian. Put the pieces together."

Her heart sank, knowing Hermione was probably right.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not what you want to hear. I honestly didn't believe it at all the first time Harry suggested it. But now, I think he was right."

"Yeah, I get it."

"I'll be right back." Hermione said, getting up.

The train ride went by relatively fast, and soon they were at King's Cross Station. Everyone got off, and began meeting up with their families. Lillian said her goodbyes to Hermione and the others before going off to work on finding Aliya. As she was wandering around looking for her blonde haired friend, she caught sight of Draco getting off the train at one of the other doors. He saw her too, and walked in her direction.

"Hi." He said softly, stopping in front of Lillian.

"Hi."

He gently reached for her hand, and turned it looking at her wrist. It was completely fine now, all the bruising was gone. He turned her hand again and kissed the back of it.

"I'm sorry. Please know that I'd never purposely hurt you." He said.

She nodded.

"I know."