Part 2 Chapter 8

Lillian rushed up he stairs with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Harry had some sort of vision, and was positive that Sirius Black was in danger. Harry explained that there was something in the Department of Mysteries that Voldemort wanted, something he didn't previously have. Harry insisted on going to save him. 

"This is a bad idea." Lillian whispered.

Harry casted a spell unlocking the door to Umbridge's office. They kneeled by the fire place, lit with green flames. Lillian's concern grew as she saw one of the cats in the plates walking off.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron insisted after Harry mentioned the others staying.

"It's too dangerous!"

"I'll go too, you'll need all the help you can get." Lillian told him.

Harry of course tried to argue again.

"When are you going to get it in to your head? We're in this together!" Hermione exclaimed.

"That you are."

The four of them froze, hearing Umbridge's voice. Lillian turned to see many students of her own house following her in to the room, lead by Draco. He had a hold of Neville.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." He informed Umbridge.

Each member of the Inquisitorial Squad had someone that had been apart of Dumbledore's Army. They had Neville, Luna, and Ginny along with Lillian, Ron, Harry, and Hermione. They were all being held in place as Harry sat in one of Umbridge's chairs, tied down with rope. Draco had a tight grip on Lillian's shoulders. 

"Let me go Draco!" She demanded, but he didn't listen.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge asked in Harry's face.

"No." 

She smacked him, causing the others to flinch.

"You sent for me?" A monotone voice came from the doorway.

"Severus Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he'd like to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid my supply is gone, you used the last of it interrogating students, such as Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him, which I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I'm afraid I cannot help you." 

Harry spoke up before Snape could leave.

"He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about Snape?" Umbridge frantically questioned.

Snape paused for a moment, glancing at Harry then back up at Umbridge.

"No idea." He responded.

It was clear that Umbridge's frustration was increasing.

"Very well. You give me no choice Potter. As this is an issue involving Ministry security, you leave me with no alternative."

Lillian exchanged concerned glances with Hermione and the others.

"The Crutiatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal!" Hermione scolded.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him." She said, placing the picture of him face down on the desk it was sitting on.

Tensions rose as Umbridge walked closer to the frightened Potter, drawing her wand. Lillian once again tried to get out of Draco's hold, but failed.

"Stop it." He growled in her ear.

"Tell her Harry!" Hermione cried.

"Tell me what?"

"Well if you won't tell her where it is, I will."

Harry looked at Hermione with confusion. Nobody seemed to know what she was talking about.

"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon." She confessed.

Harry, Ron, and Lillian now caught on to Hermione's plan.

"I will take Potter and Granger. As for you five, you will be kept here until I return." Umbridge ordered.

Draco tightened his grip on Lillian as she tried once more to get away, wanting to go with Umbridge, Harry, and Hermione. They were already out the door, and Umbridge locked it after handing the key to Draco. Lillian tried a final time to get away and he finally let her go, knowing there was no way for her to get out of the office without her wand. 

"What is wrong with you?!" She exclaimed with anger.

"Me? You're a filthy liar!" Draco muttered, pushing her down in to the nearby chair.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped, standing back up.

"Maybe I wouldn't have had to lie if you weren't supporting that loathsome woman!"

"At least I'm on the right side."

"You-"

"Lillian. It's not worth it." Ron told her.

She spat an "ugh" noise, and went over to sit beside Ron, Neville, Luna, and Ginny.

Time passed. It was nothing but dreadful silence as the five of them sat, not knowing what to do. 

"I'm starving. I want sweets." Ron whined.

Draco rolled his eyes, and told Crabbe and Goyle to go with him. After a few minutes they returned. Before he could eat any, the others snatched them out of Ron's hand, deciding they wanted it for themselves. Suddenly they all started throwing up uncontrollably. 

"Puking pastilles!" Ginny exclaimed.

The five of them grabbed their wands, and ran for it. Four out of them got out. Draco pushed his way past the others and grabbed a hold of Lillian.

"Draco let me go! Please, let me go." She begged.

"I can't." He said coldly.

"Go!" Lillian shouted to the others.

Ron nodded as they ran off to find Harry and Hermione. Once they were gone, Draco let go of Lillian, causing her to fall to the ground. She scurried up and grabbed her wand before turning and facing him, pointing what was her mother's wand at Draco.

"Okay, okay. Enough." He said, taking a step back.

Lillian lowered her wand.

"I should be going with them!"

"No, you shouldn't. The Dark Lord and his Death Eaters are going to be right there waiting. I can't let you get hurt." Draco told her.

"How do you know that?"

"Please just trust me."

"Is this what you meant earlier by sides? Draco, you're not a part o-"

"No. But my father is. He works closely with the Dark Lord. I knew he was ordered to get the prophecy for him, and once I saw you with Harry and the others, I knew I couldn't let you go with them. I can't lose you Lillian. Not you."

He took a few steps forward, putting a hand on the side of her arm. She quickly yanked her hand away.

"Lillian, Lillian please." He whispered, stepping forward.

She thought he had only joined Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad for the satisfaction of bossing people around. But perhaps there was more to it that he kept hidden deep down. She never heard him talk to anyone the way he spoke to her. She had never seen him open up to anyone besides her. Her glare softened, and she let herself sink into his arms. He wrapped himself protectively around her.

"Thank you." He whispered.