Justajoo....

Justajoo - Longing for something or someone

Shots On Ishqbaaaz
Prompt : An imperfection in Shivika's re-union after three months of separation.

It's lengthy, so read in leisure.

Requested By : abhi18699

**********************

Shivaay stretched his left arm on the bed, and instantly the sleep tore away from his eyes feeling the linen but her. He sat on the bed and wandered his eyes around. It was late nocturnal. He was worried. He got the off the duvet and stepped down in the search of her. He walked towards the bathroom.

" I'm in, Shivaay ", he heard her meek response after the count of three the knocks has hit. He turned on the room light and sat on the bed edge. A sadness travelled through his every cell to reach the ground.

They were united after three months of dreadful separation. But, even after their reunion, something stayed amiss between them. The sorrow is growing more profound each day he is spending with her. She accepted his marriage proposal. They stayed in separate rooms as Dadi put forth the two feet distance rule till they tie knot.

But, her deteriorating health doesn't motivated his enthusiasm of a happy beginning. He didn't sat still, wasting time. Instead, he brought Annika to their room. He prioritised her. Her health. Either Dadi or any other family members forbade him.
They know his attitude of if he wants, it will be his.

" You should sleep ", she told whilst sitting beside him on the bed. Her eyes were on him. " Wait. I'll get you chamomile tea. Please don't debate ", he gave a little squeeze on her right hand and went to prepare the tea. Annika moved and settled on the velvet couch. The sting on her abdomen irritated her.

After sometime, Shivaay came back with a cup and locked the room door. He passed the cup to her and silently observed her. " How do you feel now ? Shall we consult a doctor ? ", he asked worriedly as he saw her left hand remained on her abdomen.

" It's better. Now ", she gave him a faint smile. " We promised each other. There will be nothing stay concealed between us ", he spoke looking at her. She distanced the cup from her mouth and reciprocated his look. Those eyes were bothered, worried, restless.

" Open up, Annie. I want to hear you out. Please don't reject my care. It hurts. Even though you're just beside me, you seems so far. You're my another half. Each torments you're burying within yourself will affect me. It will. I miss the old us, Annika. Please ", he pleaded as her breath stopped. His inner turmoil was intense enough to burn her miseries in ashes.

" I'm sorry, Shivaay ", her lips quivered. He immediately cupped her face, drawing closer to his face.

" Don't be. Look at me. Common ", he tried to cheer her up. Annika wrapped her hands around his waist, and kept him closer. His side, his warmth, her life.

" I have no regrets in my life. But the thing that I did not have time. I did not have a word with you before before parting away. Before breaking you ", her voice shook with each words. His fingers raked through her hair.

" I was so cruel. When you proposed, I wanted to scream a yes. I wanted to melt in your embracement. Forever. But, I ruined everything. I literally—— ", her words halted in her throat she coughed. Shivaay slightly withdrew back and raised her face.

He leaned up and kissed her. Lightly. He tried to soothe her guilt in the kiss, as much as he could. Shivaay broke the kiss as he felt her lips motionless. " What happened ? We can kiss each other. It's legally permitted ", he drew circles on her cheeks with his thumbs.

" I don't know, Shivaay ", she looked down. He smiled at her innocence.

" Follow my actions. Or in better word, suck my lips. Chew them, you have the liberty ", she gasped at his words. He came near but she placed her left palm on his mouth.

" What your lips are ? Chewing gum ? ", she questioned whilst he rolled his eyes. He came near with a hope that she'll remove the hurdle but she pushed him behind.

" First. Let me tell you everything. Then, we can discuss about chewing and su—sucki—whatever ", she removed her palm.

" Sucking. The pronunciation is ", he teased pulling her closer. " Listen. Will you ? ", she tried to be stern. But the goofy grin on her husband's face doesn't helped her.

" When I left you, I was so broken. I always stayed worried about you. About your health, dieting, business, and family ", she told.

" There was no one with me. With the help of Rudra I daily managed to have your updates. Yet, things went in too disorder for me, from the  night ", she gulped.

" Which night, Annika ? ", he was restless to know further. " It was a night after two days to your attack. The following night, I'd a nightmare. Each passing nights, I started having nightmares. It was worst. It was worst that I couldn't share with anyone. I consulted a doctor, in private. And —— ", she paused looking at him. He was anticipating.

" I've been prescribed to take antidepressants. I did every little jobs to get those medicines. Because the nightmares were eating me up ", she told resting her palm on his hand which are resting on her cheeks. He was devastated. He heard the thing which he prayed not hear from her.

" Since when are you consuming ? ", his asked controlling his tears.

" About months ", she leaned and hugged him. Her face settled in his crook. " I was too weak to handle the anxiety. So, I'd engaged myself with this solution. I really need a doctor now. This constant diarrhea is a symptom, I can feel it. Please help me, Shivaay ", she tightened the hold around him.

" I'm with you. I'll heal you. I'll give my everything without a complaint. You're my life, Annika. I'm always there for you ", he kissed her head while hugging her closer.

" Dare you do any stupidity again. I'm warning you. May whatever, always find ways to be with me. You get that, woman ?! ", he chided and she nodded with a chuckle. His palms ran along her back. She gasped against his neck.

" Chewing lecture is pending. Learn before you sleep ", he told inhaling her hair. He wants to distract the situation.

" What about sucking, then ? ", she realised her own words after some seconds. He broke the hug and looked at her, in mischief. Before she could protest, he kissed her. He pulled her closer while mentally determined to push away her pain. She gradually responded the kiss. She stroked him closer whilst kicking away her guilt. Their love will heal the longing.

It easy to love in light. But, dark. In order to save a relationship, learnt to love the darkness, light would automatically engage behind you.

The End.

Hope it lives up to your expectation.

______________________________________
Gratitude, Love Comrade.