Prologue

Edited 2/2/2022!Prologue

Edited 2/2/2022!
Prologue

Josie sighed as she sat in the woods at the edge of Potter Manor playing with the Bowtruckles, Poppy, Twig and their son, Button (as he was always popping off her buttons and playing with them, which is where he got his name). She loved their home, it was in the Scottish highlands in John O' Groats in Caithness, you could see the snowy mountains standing tall behind their home from the pond and walkway out front. Her home was also surrounded by forests which held numerous magical creatures, being where it was and all the different terrains that surrounded her home, meant Potter Manor had a vast range of creatures within and outside its wards.

She would often be found in the woods, or somewhere on the grounds interacting with the magical creatures. It was a distraction from the fact that she would be going into her fifth year soon, and to be honest she was dreading it. James was still the same way, more interested in wooing Lily than what was troubling his little sister. It had only been Sirius who surprisingly noticed what was wrong in their third year, and had spoken to the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain to let her try out for the Seeker position after only a year as a Chaser.

Sirius' reasoning was he'd seen enough of her playing Seeker in the summer to know she would make a better Seeker than a Chaser, and therefore she'd be more at ease. She was grateful to Sirius, who helped her continuously and brought her out of her shell, but she couldn't help but think that it should've been James' job. But since then she's adopted this 'What the hell?' outlook on life and thrives on being good as a Seeker, and in her favourite classes Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Magical Creatures and Charms. Which all tied together with what she wanted to do; be a Magizologist. 

But she loved Sirius for that especially when he gave her credit for the pranks he knew she pulled, that James took credit for and for helping them all become animagus in third year to help Remus. She even told him that she was the first Seer to appear in the Potter Line since Ignotus Peverell himself. And he had believed her without question, and assured her she wasn't a freak or anything of the sort. He had even believed her without question when he was told Peter would bring about James's death, and had distanced himself from Peter and was convincing Remus and James to do the same. Even refusing to allow Peter to be added to the map they were close to finishing.