Chapter 9

Room 108. Room 108. Room 108. 

Her reply was still echoing inside my mind. She gave me again the paper that slipped through my hands. It's her schedule. I can't utter anything. My eyes traced every single detail. We have the same subjects, same class, same time slot and same room.

This is gonna be one great semester.

But then, I thought about Cynthia. Did I just leave her to change or I really just want to break free with the relationship we had. And then I thought about Arvin and the goose bumps I am having when he is around. But the warm spirited aura and gleaming smile of Carla Andrea registered in my mind. And there, it brought the curve line on my face. What the heck is happening? 

"Hey, are you still with me?" She said waving close to my face. 

"Yes. I'm sorry. I was just reading through your schedule." I glanced back at the paper she handed me.

"Really? Don't take it too seriously. It's not as if I'll give you a quiz about it." She chuckled.

"Yeah. I know." I replied with a cool voice. Suppressing my excitement. "Let's go, we're gonna be late."

"We?" 

"Yes. We. We're classmates."

"Great!" I heard her squeak.

Riiiinnnnnnnnngggggg

Saved by the bell. Again.

Weeks pass and I still think of her. Her face, her hair, her aura and her sweet sweet voice; it just makes me feel giddy.

“Hi Elle!”

Speaking of the beautiful devil.

“Hi Carla.  Good morning.” I beamed a flashy smile as I turn around to the voice calling me. I knew that voice was hers. 

“I bet that smile signifies a good mood.” Drop dead gorgeous. How can someone be this beautiful? In a plain white school uniform!

“You bet. Got a wonderful sleep last night.” But honestly, you're the reason behind this. 

“A-huh. I think you dreamt of your crush.” She replied with a teasing smile.

Yeah. I dreamt of you. That was what I wanted to say.

“Maybe.”  And I let out a fake smile. I’m f*cked up if I say what’s in my mind.

“Can I sit with you for the rest of the class?”

“What was that?” I asked again. Afraid that I might be hearing her make up voices in my head.

“I said, can I sit with you for the rest of the class? I’m not really comfortable sitting in between two hot aired boys trying to make a fool out of themselves.”

I bet she’s talking about the campus heartthrobs; Ralph and Duke. Every girl’s dream is to be courted by these two handsome man, every girl except me I guess. And I think Carla is an exception too. Why would she sit with me instead of them?! Oh Elle. Here you go again.

“Oh. Sure. The other seat’s not taken.” I said pointing to the one next to the middle seat. “ Except for this one. You know it’s usually reserved for Morie.”

“I hope I could sit beside you. I’m just comfortable when I’m with you.”

“I’m sorry but Morie will be mad if you’ll take her favorite seat.”

“Why does she always sit beside you? Is she your girlfriend?” She said with an annoying voice.

“Pardon?” her question startled me.

“I mean girl space friend. You know,  a friend who’s a girl. Unless it’s the other way around?”

“Of course. She is my friend, who is a girl.” I said emphasizing friend and girl.

“Okay. If you wont let me sit on her chair, can you just exchange seats so you’ll sit beside me?”

This girl is unbelievable. Why does she want to sit beside me?!