Chapter 10

"Why is she sitting on my seat?" High pitched Morie woke me up from my thoughts. Her left brow raising highly on her forehead which makes her look sharp mouthed. 

"Hey. Hush Morie. She just sat there for a while and will transfer to the seat next to it. Right Carla?" I said raising two of my brows hoping Carla will get the idea to just go with the flow. But as I looked at her, I saw a flick of light on the side of her eyes. This is not good.

"No Elle. I will seat here." She answered with indignation. "I will not leave this chair."

"And why will you not?" Morie's tone is a lot fiercer. I know she's mad now. Please don't let this be her first period day. Please. Not now.

"Do you own this seat?"

"I asked you a question. And it demands an answer. Not another question miss newbie." 

What's with this chair that they're willing to set a fight. 

"Because..." Carla answered back, "...it doesn't have a name on it and as far as I know, we dont have a seat plan here and no seat plan means first come first serve. I bet you understand that clearly."

"Hey miss newbie who's bitching around, I know why you wanted that seat and  I wont let you have it so back off now while I'm still getting a hold of myself."

What? Why? How? Oh this is not good. My bestfriend's cheeks turning into amber red. Yes. Definitely not a good sign.

"You know but then you're still asking. How stupid."

Out of nowhere I saw a hand dart across my face landing on Carla's.

PAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!

Another hand flew across my face, this time a right one. And swiftly it landed on Morie's face.

PAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!

"Now we're even." Carla said while gently rubbing her right cheek, now in various hue of red resulting from Morie's assault. 

"How dare you." I turned to Morie. Oh no. The dragon is unleashed. I need to do something. I need to talk. I need to say something. What do I do? What will I say? Oh shit,  why am I so speechless. Why cant I move? I dont understand this. 

Morie made a step forward, extending her long arms towards Carla. She made a reach on her hair pulling and tugging it, the perfect lustrous hair of dear Carla. 

Carla put no time to waste she stood up causing Morie to lose her balance. Morie tripped and in one second, Carla's on top slapping her once more. There are hands flying to and fro, here and there.

"Hey. You two, stop now." I said while holding Carla up. I can see Morie's badly hurt. She has bruises on her arms, a mark on both her cheeks and a button on her blouse missing. "...You don't want to meet the Dean this early right?" 

"She started this." Carla muttered as she stood up and straightened up her white uniform now with traces of dirt all around.

"Carla" I mumbled "Please take the other seat while I talk to Morie. I dont want trouble. And I dont want any of my friends to get into a fight."

I looked into her eyes and searched for an answer. Finally, after a few seconds she dropped her shoulders.

"Okay. Okay. But only because you asked me courteously. Otherwise I wont tolerate a wild boar attacking an innocent sheep." Carla said while picking up her things.

Morie regained her composure and was about to instigate a fight with Carla again. With those words, I know it just fueled the fire. 

"Come Morie, can we talk outside as you cool down?" I said turning to Morie.

"Please?" I mouthed. There's hesistation on Morie's face. Nonetheless, she went outside. "I'll follow you" I mouthed again as she turned and notice I was not following.

"As for you, my most lovable crowd, the movie is over. You may now take your seat and pretend everything never happened. Understood?"

Everyone moved and took their seats. I hope I sound convincing.

Now to take care of Morie.