Chapter Twenty Four

Monday comes and goes. Life is back to normal, except Jamie and I sneak in a kiss here and there or hold hands during class. I still haven't told Daisy about us and I don't know how or when to do it, so I just pretend like there's nothing to be told.

"Have you decided on your costume for Saturday yet?" Daisy asks me while we have lunch by ourselves in our dining hall.

"I don't think I'm wearing-"

"Yes, you are. If you don't decide for yourself, I'm going to pick it for you."

"I don't even know what kind of costumes I should wear for things like this. All I can think of are super heroes and anime characters, but I don't know any anime or care enough about a single super hero to pick one."

"It could be pretty much anything. Characters from TV shows or movies... a lot of people dress like Dany from Game of Thrones, Darth Vader and other Star Wars people... you have a lot of options, so there's no excuse for you not to wear a costume. And some aren't even that complicated!"

"I'll think about it." I take another bite of my food.

"Ok." She takes a sip of her juice. "So you and Jamie figured things out, right?" I choke on my food. How does she know? "You ok there?" I nod. "You guys seemed fine this Saturday when we went to Elena's."

So it's just about that. Thank god. "Yep, we talked and now we're fine." That was an understatement, but I don't want to tell Daisy all about it right now in the middle of a bunch of people where she would definitely cause a scene.

"That's great! It was really weird seeing you two acting like that. She was avoiding you like the plague. Do you even know what happened?"

Yes. I do know. "It was just a misunderstanding." Not a lie. Jamie spent two weeks thinking I didn't like her back, so... I'm not really lying to my best friend, right? Right?

"But everything's fine now?" I nod. "That's really good. You two seemed so close lately." You have no idea...

"We're good now. Anyways, have you started the project for design?" I shamelessly change the subject.

"It depends..." She scrunches her face up.

"What do you mean?" I chuckle. "You either started or not."

"Well, I did." She pauses. "In my head" I laugh. "I just have to put it on paper now, so it's fine."

"Obviously."

We continue chatting while we eat and then go back to our rooms so we could do some homework.

Jamie

hey

jess and i are going straight

to the hall to have dinner

you wanna join us?

Allie

Are you close?

Jamie

we're leaving class rn

we'll be there in about 10 mins

Allie

Ok

I'll meet you there

I finish my homework for tomorrow just in time to arrive at the dining hall before the girls. I find a table for us and wait for them. When Jamie sees me, a smile spreads on her face and they come towards me with... Scott?

"Hey, Scott. I didn't know you were with the girls."

"I met them while I was leaving my class and they invited me to join you." He smiles and places his bag on a chair.

"That's nice." I smile as he and Jess leave to get their food. I turn to Jamie taking the seat next to mine. "Hi."

"Hey." Her hand softly lands on my thigh and she kisses me softly. "How was your day?"

"The same as usual. Except Daisy kinda blackmailed me into wearing a costume on Saturday, so I guess I'll have to do that."

"I'll help you. I'm the best at picking stupid costumes that aren't costumes at all, but you tell people they are."

I laugh. "Like your shark onesie?"

"Precisely." She chuckles. "It's a special talent of mine." She gets off her seat when Jess and Scott come back to the table. "Well, I'm really hungry. Let's go get some food."

We grab our dinner and get back to our table.

"Hey, Scott. I just realized I don't know your major." I say when I catch the conversation he was having with Jess about some of his classes.

"It's Media Studies." He smiles.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Would you get mad if I asked you what that is?" I giggle.

"Not at all." He joins me. "It's mostly about all types of media, their history and how they impact us. Especially in the most recent decades."

"That's cool." Jamie says. "It's definitely not for me, but cool." We laugh.

"We all know your thing is fish." I laugh when she makes a face for my statement. "You said that yourself! You have a fucking tattoo of a fish!" We all laugh. "I swear one of these days you'll tell me you're actually a mermaid, because I don't know how a person can love fish so much." Jess almost spits the sip of water she just took.

"It's not that bad." Jamie chuckles.

"If you say so..."