geckos - chapter 1

jisung ;

September 12th, 4018.

I looked at my calendar and sighed, we're going to have midterms next week. Plus, i haven't even studied or payed attention to class lately. "Jisung oppa!" A little girl barged in my room.

I smiled at her, she's my little sister, Byul. She's only 5 years old and she's the main source of my happiness. "Yes, princess what is it?"

I lifted her up and sat her on my lap. "I drew you!" Byul showed me a drawing of a squirrel. I snorted and laughed. "Oppa? Is it that bad?" She started pouting.

"No, baby. It's beautiful." I tried to hold in my laughs. "Also, mommy told you to hurry up, or we'll be late." She giggled and left the room.

What did i do to deserve her?

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror, i was actually ready in my school uniform since about an hour ago. I smiled and told myself today was going to be great.

Little did i know.

===========

"And that's how animals and plants evolve." Biology, we're studying about the rapid growth of living beings, except humans.

The student's stared in awe as the teacher pulled up a picture of a recently discovered 40 meter saltwater crocodile near the bermuda triangle.

"These species of crocodile actually has gills instead of lungs. It is believed that they evolved like this is because of their environment, as you know, the bermuda triangle is home to all kinds of shipwrecks, plane crashes, and nuclear disposal."

And a couple minutes in.. i dozed off.

"Yah Jisung" a familiar voice called out as i slowly opened my eyes. "Seungmin." I mumbled his name. Where am i again? I thought i was at home. Isn't this saturday?

"No, dumbass we're at school and its Friday." He laughed. "How'd you read my mind?" Seungmin shrugged and walked away. I stumbled and followed him out of class to the cafeteria.

We got our food and sat at our table, our group of friends always had this table since years ago. We just like it here since the ac is right above us.

"Geez, Minho's getting into a fight again?" Ryujin showed us her phone. "3 PM, today at the schools parking lot?" I scoffed. What a waste of time. What's the benefit of watching someone fight?

"Yep, im definitely coming. I mean look at him! He's gonna look so hot at a fight." Seungmin snickered, he didn't know that Hyunjin is glaring at him like crazy.

"Why does he always do this? He's a well mannered straight A student. Well, at least in class.." Shuhua commented on the topic.

"Speaking of the devil" Ryujin pointed at a table beside us. There, Minho and his friends settled to eat. "Ignore them" Hyunjin said, especially to Seungmin.

The others stopped staring except me. Lee Minho, he looks interesting.

And a moment later, he stared back. We just stared at each other for a couple seconds, but it wasn't awkward for me. It felt warm and soft. Comforting.

"Minho" one of his friends called out. And that's when i looked away.

===========

"Come on, Jisung." Seungmin walked to me when he was done grabbing things from his locker. "Gym, right?" I asked him and he nodded cutely. Gosh, Hyunjin should just confess already before I'll take him first.

We changed to our gym outfits and entered the gym. I looked around, we were playing beside Minho's class.

"JISUNG WATCH OUT"