Chapter one

One week before meeting Luke.

I run thru my school searching for an open door anyone to let me in their classroom. I run down long hallways, wishing a teacher had their door open.

“Of course.” I mutter to myself, as I sprit down the halls, hoping I wouldn’t get caught. I turn down the English hallway, to see my English teacher Mr.Mack laying on the ground, I’m guessing dead. I hold back my tears and screams so no one will hear me.

“Let’s go down here, Seth!” I hear a voice call out

“Shit!” I say to myself and run in the girl’s bathroom. I go in to a stall and shut the door, and stand on the seat trying not to fall. I start to think about the last 20 minutes that fell like 3 hours, how I got here, why I’m here? I was nice to those kids in any class I had them in, no one ever said they would do this, or think these kids would do this.

It was a nice fall day in Michigan at my high school, Waltz High School. I walked in with one of my friends Ginna. The only reason I walk in with someone is I drive to school and Ginna needs a ride. So we walk in talking about how great the weekend is going to be and how she has a date with this kid name Eric. Then we part ways so we can go to are lockers we would meet up soon with our other friends.

I get to my locker to grab my binder for first period, and Seth was at his locker. Seth was this really outstanding kid, honor roll, varsity football player, and one of my close friends.  Seth was never known to let someone down, ever. So to see him here this early was strange. He drives his cousin to school and our mutual friend Hayley.

“What’s up with you? You’re here a little early.” I say pointing to the clock. I always get to school forty-five minutes early to socialize and do homework.

“I didn’t have to drive anyone today so, I thought I would get here early and surprise you.”

“What do you mean surprise me?” as I say that I close my locker and he has a bunch of flowers.

“Sethhhhhhhhhhhhh this is so-“

“Cute, I know I asked Ginna how I should ask you to homecoming and I was going to do this really publicly but she said you would hate me so, that’s why it like this.” He says with a giggle.

Seth was never the guy I would image asking me to homecoming. Seth, besides being great at everything, was also great looking; Tall, black hair that looks unhuman but sadly it’s not, these green eyes that when you look at them you want to sparkle with him, and this award winning smile.

All I could think to do is hug Seth, he was everything a best friend could be and more.

“Amelia, will you do the honors of going to homecoming with me, Seth Pierce?” he looks down at me as I pull away from his embrace.

“Seth, of Crouse I will.” He kissed my cheek witch makes me blush super hard. I’ve always had a crush on Seth, how could you not? He grabs my hand and we walk to the lunch table we all sit at in the morning.