Amara's daughter

"mom"

"MOM"

"MOM" echoed the voice slowly as if from far away yet desparate....

Suddenly a blood curdling scream sounded out of nowhere and Amara woke up.

She panted in panic as she looked around wide eye. There was no one. 
"Ashi" she whispered softly feeling a pang of hurt and guilt in her heart. The clock struck 3 am.

She sat up right looking at the ceiling trying her best not to cry and felt tired.

She finally rolled her head to the side and dropped on the bed. Her eyes open, but soulless as red blood trickled down her nose, eyes and ears and mouth. She continued to bled profusely the soft sound on liquid dripping from the bed linen.

As morning came,  she gasped as if she came out of drowning... Her throat ached as she choked and coughed up blood

Yes she was drowning in her own blood. She looked around and sighed... She rolled her eyes and just started cleaning up.

She cleaned so much blood. She wondered where she even got this much blood.

"Bloody thing" she muttered tired as it was morning.

She stopped as she felt her hair on her neck raise. She slowly turned behind her. No one was there.

Slowly got up and narrowed her eyes. Muttering something. she snorted ignoring the odd feeling. She turned around and pulled the curtains open. She cleaned the last drop of blood on the spot besides the curtain.

She frowned. "This is the nth time I have to clean this damn blood" she was frustrated.

Soon she got ready and went to her car and drove off. What she didn't see is a pale faced girl standing at her window blowing air and wrote... "MOM".

Amara soon reached the diner and the waiter was a young guy. She chuckled as he tried his best to act cute. She chuckled and ruffled his head. "Silly!" And he rolled his eyes in defeat. "How many more days left? Sis" He asked in a bored tone. "A week left"

"Why tf did I do that dare?" He stomped his leg in annoyance. She chuckled at his cute antics.
She pulled out her laptop and started her day. She always did work from home unless there was an emergency. She had a week off after all the hard work. She worked for 5 years straight without a break.

Her parents proud of her. But her parents stayed far away from her.

"Old woman here is your order." She smiled at him and replied. "Your dare has been extended for another week" she sipped her tea. She chuckled when he groaned in regret.

"Silly" she muttered as he left Grumbling.
"Silly Freddie" she chuckled.

Charlie her best friend spotted her at the diner and gave her a hug.

"Damn you got a week off. Our work has been hectic ever since." She chuckled.

"I know right. So what do you need me for? Yesterday you wanted to talk to me?" She giggled as she tapped away at her laptop.

"Um... You aren't going to like it... It's Ashi"

Amara stopped typing and her face fell hearing it. "What about her?"

"Look whatever happened I don't wanna talk about this Ashi. Period."

"Just hear me out! Okay?" Her Friend whisper yelled.

"Fine tell"

"So I saw her yesterday... In the playground you and her use to play. She wrote...", she swallowed hard "MOM".