Grandma's Song

Amara was a 10 years old, when her grandmother always unconsciously sang a song.

It went like this,

"It's raining; it's pouring.

The old man is snoring.

He bumped his head on the top of the bed,

And couldn't get up in the morning."

Grandma always sang this song almost every morning.

One day Amara asked her father as to why her grandmother is sad. Her father said that grandfather died that's why.

Then Amara stopped playing with her board games and looked at her father's eyes and said is that why she sings of grandfather?

Her father who was making her breakfast stopped and looked at her as if he had witnessed a horror in his life. "What did you say?" he asked her carefully.

She replied "She never spoke. Daddy, she opened her mouth only to sing. I tried helping her but she couldn't even see me. She kept repeating that song"

Her father gulped in shock. "Pumpkin, what song did she sing?" he was beyond scared now.

"It's raining; it's pouring-" Before Amara finished. He yelled at her to stop and grabbed Amara and ran out of the place.

After some few hours, Amara sat with her cousin Denise. And spoke to him. "Denise? Are you alright?"

"yeah just that your dad is upset again.." he looked at her father who was having a mental breakdown with Denise's father.

Denise continued to speak, "um.. He said something about your grandma. Also said something about her being dead already."

Amara sighed sadly. "I know my grandma is dead why is he so upset?"

Denise looked at her like she was strange but had a soft spot for her after all she was his cousin. "No.. he said... grandma accidentally killed your grandfather."

Amara stared at him unfazed with a small but intense pause. "I know.."

Denise frowned at her. "I don't even know about it. Uncle never spoke about grandparents until now. What do you mean..you know?"

"Grandfather told me." Denise was horrified. "He also told me Grandma killed him on accidentally but he seems confused because Grandma killed him on purpose and she regretted it later. I didn't tell dad because he saw everything happen when he was a kid. He is too sad and lost about it."

~~~

DUN~DUN~DUN~
Let me know whether you liked it!!
(つ≧▽≦)つ