Chapter 45

Jacob's p.o.v

"Ouch, ouch, ouch" I groan into the pillow with my hand clasped over my eyes. Opening my eyes just now was the worst idea ever. The room seems so bright even though the windows are closed and my head hurts tremendously.

I sigh throwing a pillow over my head when I remember where I went last night and the things I did. Well, most of them. All I can remember is calling Art to come pick me up before passing out in the club. Now I'm feeling half dead.

So this is what the infamous hangover described in all the books I've read feels like. But in the books, the cool kids made it seem so cool though. From my experience, it doesn't feel that way at all. I'm in actual pain.

"...Babe" I whisper moving over to his side expecting a warm and comfortable body I can cuddle with, but all I'm met up with is an empty space causing me to get up a little to quickly.

"O-ouch" I wince holding my head as tears well up in my eyes because of this thing that feels like a migraine. When the pain goes down a little, I rub my eyes and look over to see if Art's really not laying in bed next to me and he's not. When did he leave. Where did he go.

I sit down for a couple of seconds staring at the wall sleepily thinking whether I heard Art leaving this morning. When I come by a little, I lean over to grab his pillow to sleep some more, but stop when I hear the door open.

A broad smile appears on my face when Art walks in with a tray and I  move over to him with the blanket. I hug his back when he puts the tray down and sit.

"Goodmorning, babe" I whisper and open my mouth to accept the pill he gives me.

"Thank you. It hurts so much. I feel like I'm going to die" I sigh and put my chin on his shoulder to look at the side of his face. Surprisingly, he's being less affectionate today and he seems gloomy. Did something happen?

I peck the side of his face and caress it before trying to pull him down. "Come lay with me please" I ask him and cover him with the blanket too. He's not even looking at me.

I put my head on his chest and intertwines our fingers, "babe....Art, are you okay?"

He nods caressing my back, "I'm good."

"Hmm" I hum. "I'm sorry about last night" I apologize.

"What are you apologizing for."

"For passing out in the club and calling you" I pout and he looks at me, "did you bring me home?"

"Yeah" he nods, "but you didn't pass out in the club though" he reveals making me confused, "you did some wild shit and you ain't getting away with it by being cute."

I gasp looking away, "I did stuff? But I'm not being cute though."

"You are."

"I'm really not. I'm genuinely apologizing" I bite my lip suppressing the pout and his eyes fall on them.

"See? You know shit like that will make me forget about what happened" he closes his eyes and sigh.

"B-but, I'm not doing it on purpose" I murmur.

"Then I'm not gonna look at your face for the next couple of hours" he says moving the blanket away to get up and I quickly stop him.

"Wait-"

I try every way to get his attention but he doesn't budge, so I decide to straddle him.

"Babe, I was apologizing for saying that we're only going to hang out then the plans changed. I shouldn't have went to the party" I sulk.