Its okay, I bought two! (Hoshino)

Proofread: Not yet
Word count: 1,045
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoshino sweat dropped. He looked at the clock and saw there's still 6 minutes left till his lunch break.

'I need it to be 12:30PM already.' Hoshino became irritated.

"Are you okay?" his desk buddy, Haru, asked. "Huh? Yes, thank you for your concern." Hoshino clarified.

'No I'm not!' he cried internally.

You see, the vending machine at their workplace had gotten a new item. Just that one vending machine from the few there. The new addition was a freshly baked red bean taiyaki. It's freshly baked and gets restocked every morning to maintain freshness. So it's limited supplies and the reason why it's only in one vending machine.

Hoshino checked the clock again, 2 minutes left until it reaches 12:30PM. The machine was near the Modern Crime Prevention Task Force, which was around the back of the building. They were on the 2nd floor, while he was on the 5th floor.

"Okay! Investigation Division 1!" Takei shouted. "Lunch break~." his superior rushed to his office to eat his own lunch.

"Hey want to get some rame-" Haru's question was cut short. Hoshino was already dashing through the door. "Hoshino has been behaving oddly." one of their colleagues commented. "He has been..." Haru was surprised as well.

Through experience, Hoshino knows the elevator won't take him to the 2nd floor fast. His legs can take him faster running down the staircase. The Modern Crime Force goes on break at the same time as them. He's well aware a certain blonde and pinkette buys all the supplies.

"Woah!" Hoshino almost tripped on the last step.

He quickly took a minute to compose himself. To him it's important to always look calm and composed, especially being someone from Division 1. Catching his breath, flattening out his blazer and clearing his throat, he reached for the door that led to the 2nd floor.

The floor was tinted blue unlike his floor which was bright white. Lately their number of missions per week has increased, so everyone was stressed. Eating a red bean taiyaki sounds delightful during times like this!

Hoshino quickened his pace. The vending machine came into view, he completely missed the figure sitting on the bench next to the machine. He was beyond excited to see there was still one left! He put his hand in his left pant pocket to take out his card only to find it empty. Hoshino quickly checked his right pocket, then his back pockets. His composure slightly dwindled as he was internally panicking. There was no way he'd make it back for the last taiyaki if he went back for his wallet.

"Yesss the last red bean taiyaki! It's all mine!" the blonde from the Modern Crime Force Dan to the vending machine. "What is this? 4th time in a row you lost?" he smirked towards Hoshino's direction.

"Tch." Hoshino scrunched his nose and quickly stood up straight.

The guy threw his head back and laughed as he went back to his cubicle. Hoshino sighed in defeat and plopped down onto the bench next to the vending machine. He has yet to notice the figure already sitting there and bumped into their back.

Hoshino jumped a little to know someone else was here and turned to apologize. "Y/N..." he stared at her back with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you! I didn't see you there. Not that your presence is insignificant! I worded that wrong..." Hoshino blushed as he made the situation worse for himself.

Y/N turned around in her seat, she herself blushed at the sight in front of her. Someone of higher rank showing such respect. "No no! You're fine, really it was a small bump that's all." she gave him a closed-eye smile.

"You can stop bowing though," she scratched the back of her head, "people are looking this way." Hoshino quickly stood up and she was right. Everyone's eyes were on them.

Hoshino rarely shows much respect to anyone not in Division 1, other than some work courtesies.

"Ah, I'm sorry." he took a seat next to Y/N.

The air was slightly awkward as he didn't know what to do next. He was tensely looking at his dress shoes when a fresh red bean taiyaki came into view. Following the arms connected to it, he saw Y/N holding it out.

Hoshino quickly declined the offer, "That's okay, I bought two!" she quickly took his hands and put the dessert in them. "I always see you rush down here but Kamei and Saeki get to them before you reach here. So... I saved one for you." Y/N blushed and looked away.

In return, Hoshino blushed at the gesture and thanked her. The two are in a comfortable silence, relishing in the deliciousness that was known as the red bean taiyaki.

"If you'd like I can start saving one for you." Y/N offered happily.

"No no I can't do that! Allow me to pay back for this one." Hoshino bowed his head.

"It's fine! I insist!" she laughed at how dense Hoshino can be.

Everyone in the building knew the two had feelings for each other. Y/N knew her feelings were reciprocated but she was waiting until Hoshino came to realize them as well.

"...Only if it's alright with you." Hoshino didn't want to accept the offer. However, these tasted exactly like the ones from his hometown. So, he was happy to accept, plus they were from Y/N. More time to spend with her.

"Of course it is silly!" Y/N was excited that the two can spend more time together now.

The two were secretly happy to have found an excuse to meet up more often during work. Both hoping it'll lead to more.

"I knew it!" Haru whispered from the corner. "Am I getting anything for this?" Kamei asked as he munched on his dessert. "Yes, diabetes." Haru paid no attention to Kamei, just the lovebirds in front of him.

Haru was aware of the twos feelings and wanted a way to help Hoshino realize his feelings. So, he had Kamei buy all the tayakis before Hoshino got to them. He even took his wallet when Hoshino wasn't looking.

Mission: Success