Your Pillow Smells like Brown Sugar (Haru)

Word count: 897
Proofread: not yet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someone give my man Haru a break, because he is T I R E D. Haru, being Haru in the Modern Crime Force, still manages to wiggle his way into Division 1's cases. Naturally everyone in the Crime Force has gotten in trouble. Unfortunately, his own teammates who cheered him on had betrayed him. They admitted getting involved in the case was all of Haru's doing.

Haru was shocked, but was he surprised? Nope.

Haru sighed, he's been suspended for 2 weeks until further notice. They'll call him back sooner if a major case arises. Haru sighed again, he knew they wouldn't be calling him back anytime soon. He was in the MCF, what major cases? Helping the senior cat down from the tree?

One good thing came out of it though. Haru sat down on his chair and plopped his head down on his desk.
"I'll have time to rest." He mumbled into his folded arms.

"More time with you-know-who~~." Kamei teased Haru.

"Oh! I've been meaning to give her some of my snacks that came newly shipped from Russia! Give her these!" Saeki threw the sweets across the table and onto Haru's head.

"I won't miss any of you." an irritated Haru spoke up.

He got up and gathered his things. Before he left Yukihiro told him to spend this free time wisely. Haru is beyond confused. His fellow colleagues didn't show any sadness for his 2-week leave.

"Bye." Haru quietly mumbled.

Everyone bid him farewell for now as they went back to "work."

Haru got into his car and sighed, he really had enough. The 2 weeks suspension was slowly sounding really good to him. He was tempted to rush home since you were home by now, or should be. He checked his phone during a red light and it read: 5:31pm. Yup! Your shift at your guys local cafe always ends at 5pm.

Glancing quickly at his phone as the traffic light turned green, a fond smile graced his soft lips. His lockscreen was a photo of you two from your first date. Haru was busy wiping ice cream off his face while you quickly took a selfie with a peace sign. He really couldn't wait to surprise you for coming home early today. Then staying with you for the next two weeks!

Haru did his best to sneak into the shared apartment. He went from being a detective, to a suspended detective, to sneaking into his own home. Nice going Haru!

You weren't in the living room. Not in the kitchen. His apartments were very tiny so there wasn't much tiptoeing to do. He looked to his right to look into his room. He saw you on the bed! Haru wanted to sneak up on you, but then his face was covered by the pillow!

"Omg, Y/N!! No no no!" Haru ran to take the pillow off your face.

Your body jolted from the shock of hearing your boyfriend home so early. He held you close to his chest, breathing heavily.

"I-I thought...something had happened..to you.." Haru sounded so heartbroken. It made your own heart hurt terribly.

"Haha, I'm fine, Ru." you pulled back and held his face. You even gave him a reassuring smile to let him know you're here to stay.

"I just saw the pillow on your face. You were laying so still...I don't know what I would do if-"

You cut him off with a quick kiss. "Silly, Ru!" As much it hurt to see your beloved like this, you couldn't help but giggle. "I was like that on purpose!"

"Eh?" Haru froze. He couldn't understand why anyone would just lay there like that.

"I miss you a lot you know. If you haven't noticed, Ru, this is your pillow. The less fluffy one. It smells like you so I often come home and just sniff it." Y/N looked at his pillow.

Haru felt extremely touched and saddened. They both knew going into the relationship that Haru would be busy a lot. He's grateful Y/N understood this and still stuck by his side. Though, he has been neglecting quality time with you. Haru gave you another quick kiss and told her of his suspension. Both were upset with the outcome but delighted to be able to spend 2 weeks together.

The two went on to prepare dinner and before they knew it, two weeks flew by. Everyday Haru got to witness you sniffing his pillow in the morning whenever he'd get up to make you breakfast before your shift started. He found the act odd, but definitely adorable. Let's be honest here, anything you do is adorable and too much for his heart. You really do hold a special place in his big heart.

"So why not my clothes, Y/N? Why my pillow?" Haru asked as you two ate the omurice he made.

"Your pillow smells like brown sugar, Ru!" you squealed. "It's like I can eat you up right then and there!!" you held your face, smiling happily.

Haru blushes at your comments and sighs in content. He's due to go back to work starting today, but after experiencing this and realizing he neglects you at times. He vows to spend more time with you even while back at work!

Haru you adorable ol'man!