chapter 6

i was sat against a tree in the yard, waiting for cedric. louisa had a free period as well but she was in the library revising for our DADA exam.

"hey sorry i'm late, that rebecca girl won't leave me alone." cedric laughed, rolling his eyes

"rachel?" i asked laughing.

"yeah whatever.." he said grinning.

"who is she anyway?" he asked, turning his attention over to me as he sat down beside me.

"i met her in first year, she's basically had it out for my ever since." i scoffed.

"you must have done something to provoke her," cedric laughed, leaning against the tree, "like you don't just form a hatred for someone out of nowhere."

i explained to him everything that's happened with me and rachel, from first year up until now.

"ahem?" a girl coughed.

i looked up and was greeted by the same annoying fake smile that belonged to rachel baileys.

"can i help you?" i snapped.

"i'm not here for you, silverstein." she hissed, looking over to cedric.

"cedric!" she giggled.

ugh.

"rebecca, hi again.." he said, trying to smile.

"it's rachel.." she laughed awkwardly.

"what do you want, baileys?" i scowled at her.

"oh i'm not doing anything!" she said in a high pitched voice.

i stood up and walked over to rachel.

" _____ .." cedric called.

"i don't think you heard me, baileys," i hissed, edging closer to the girl, "i asked what you wanted."

"hm let me think, maybe for you to go missing.. or get really badly hurt.. or even d-" she began.

i pushed her and she stumbled back, regaining her balance she walked over to me and slapped me.

not a very good slap.

"get your hands off of me," i hissed.

"you filthy little mudblood."

"you didn't not-" she shouted walking closer to me.

cedric was stood up behind me now, calling my name and telling me to stop, i ignored him.

i got my wand out and pointed it towards her head, she flinched.

"don't you ever, ever, look at me again, or you'll end up with worse than just a bloody nose." i scowled at her.

"i done have a bloody nose, you bitch." she laughed.

i turned around and punched her.

"now you do, mudblood."

"coming through, out of my way please." professor mcgonnagal shouted.

"right.." she sighed.

she grabbed both of our robes and led us down to her office.

cedrics pov

that word again..

mudblood.

i've heard people say that word over and over, i've even been calling it myself (although i'm not muggle-born), but it just hurt more when i heard _____ say it. i mean, i knew her parents believed in that sort of stuff but i just thought she was different..

your pov

mcgonnagal had us sat in her office, i couldn't help but laugh at rachel's bloody nose and glum expression.

"i'm very disappointed in you both.." the woman said in a slightly sad voice.

"detention every night for the full week, both of you." she spoke.

"but professor-" i complained.

"i don't want fo hear it, miss silverstein," she spoke, "alright, leave."

we walked outside, rachel walked ahead and quickly returned to the gryffindor common room, or that's where i'm guessing she went at least.

i expected to see cedric waiting for me, but he wasn't. i don't know why i was disappointed about that, it's not like he's my boyfriend or anything, i just would have liked to see a familiar face after i've just been sentenced to detention..