chapter 54

"anything from the trolley?" a tired voice sounded from the hallway.

"i didn't think they'd have the trolley lady on this tiny train." ____ whispered.

"me neither." cedric whispered back.

"some bertie bott's please." charlie smiled as he handed some coins to the grey haired woman.

the woman sorted through the cart, finding the colourful box and handing it to the dark haired boy as she collected his money. she shut the compartment door and continued down the hall, repeating her signature catchphrase.

"does she just live on the train?" ____ asked once she knew the trolley lady was out of ear shot.

"i don't think i've ever been on the train when she wasn't here." adrian laughed.

"maybe she has a bed set up in one of the compartments." cedric said as the group laughed together.

rain had began to slam against the foggy window, small pieces of ice had started to form in the corners as a result from the cold weather. the compartment was filled with a low chatter. ____ was reading a book, the one nicold got her for christmas.

in the midst of the ball, nicole had been out to the back of ____'s mind, and she hated herself for it. one of her best friends had been petrified, and she couldn't do anything about it.

"hey hey hey, you okay?"

cedric pulled the book out of ____'s hands and placed it next to him, making sure it was still open on the page she had been reading. the girl looked up at him with confusion.

"you crumpled all the pages, look." cedric picked the book back up and showed it to ____ .

the pages that the book were left open on were scrunched up, the words looked wobbly and unreadable, but this was not a result of her hands. the letters had became mixed up, probably from magic. the girl always managed to accidentally make things happen when she was angry.

"oh, shit." ____ laughed awkwardly, unclenching her fists, which she never realised had became balled up in the first place.

"you doing alright?" cedric whispered, making sure not to alert the others, he knew that ____ wouldn't have enjoyed the attention.

"just thinking, like usual." she smiled, reassuring that everything was okay.

adrian looked up from the newspaper, the daily prophet, that he was reading.

"do you all remember the bogarts, from third year?" he asked, catching the attention of everyone in the compartment.

"oh yeah." luke said.

"don't remind me." ____ laughed.

"what even was yours?" luke asked.

"luke!" cedric hissed.

"i don't even know what it was," ____ ignored cedric, "it just made me look at the mirror.."

"maybe you're just scared of yourself, i know i am." charlie laughed nervously.

"me too." adrian whispered.

"merlin's sake." ____ laughed.

"we can talk about this later, if you want?" cedric whispered.

"thanks." ____ smiled.

"uh, guys?" adrian interrupted.

"yeah?"

"look at this." he handed the newspaper to cedric, who was sat in the middle of the bench including him, luke and ____ .

cedric took the paper and scanned the page it had been folded onto. there, at the top of the page, was large lettering that read: