chapter 69

a/n: nice.

"i knew you would." cedric laughed. "let's play truth or dare but without the truths and the dares will be to do with students and teachers."

"so dare or dare and we're pranking the teachers?" ____ asked.

"precisely."

"perfect. who's going first?" she asked, pulling a jumper over her head and replacing it with a dry one.

"i will." he laughed, still trying to find some dry clothes in the pile of clothing from ____'s collection that she had 'borrowed' from cedric.

"hmmmmm.. okay, let me think." she said as she paced around the room until an idea struck her. "steal a plant, any plant, from madam sprout's herbology green house thing."

"really? starting off kind of big." he laughed, fixing his hair.

"i know, i'm expecting you to give me an even worse one." she smirked, "come on, i'll come with you."

"fine, fine. i guess i have no other choice."

being as quiet as possible, the pair travelled across the castle until they got to the herbology area. several greenhouses were lined up next to each other, each of them containing different types of plants. as it was quite dark by now, small lanterns floated around the area, the flame flickering slightly every time someone walked past. luckily, cedric and ____ were the only two visiting the greenhouses at this moment.

"go on then." ____ laughed, motioning towards the glass houses.

cedric rolled his eyes and walked over to the greenhouse closest to him. easily, he unlocked the door with a flick of his wand and entered. the greenhouse he had picked coincidently was the fullest of them all, meaning any plant that he stole would probably got unnoticed. ____ watched as he picked a potted plant up, examining it first, and left, locking the door behind him.

"got it?" she asked.

"got it." he winked.

by the time they got back to the room, it was completely dark outside. cedric placed the plant on the dresser and sat by ____'s bed.

"right, let's see this plant you've picked then." she said as she walked towards it and touched the leaves.

"i couldn't see what i was getting because it was so dark." cedric laughed.

"ced," she said, turning around, "you've gotten a regular, muggle plant.."

"you're kidding." he laughed.

"of course that would happen to you!" she rolled her eyes and laughed as she sat down on the floor beside him.

"right, okay, let me think of a good dare for you.." he said, rubbing his chin ironically. "oh, i know. go and steal ron's rat."

"you're joking, right?" she laughed, knowing that he was obviously being serious. "alright, come on."

after leaving the dungeons and entering the grand staircase, passing through the gryffindor portrait hole, even though the fat lady recognised that neither of the two were in the red house. just as she had expected, harry, ron, and hermione were sat on the velvet couches of the common room.

"oh, hello." hermione said, trying to force on a smile over her confusion and annoyance. of the many rules that were currently being broken.

"need to make a cover story." ____ whispered to cedric as they walked over to the third-years.

"we were bored and the slytherin common room was empty." cedric laughed as he sat down on the couch opposite them, ____ sitting beside him whilst giving a nod of approval at his excuse.