𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 𖤛 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝!

A/N: I wasn't kidding when I said soon
TW: panic attacks, like one swear word, mentions of past trauma
———

Katsuki looked at his hands. He blinked traitorous tears away. He couldn't show weakness. Not ever.

The kids at school mocked De- Izuku. (It was Izuku now. Not Deku. Never Deku.)They talked loudly about how glad they were that "that thing" was gone. It made him sick.

Katsuki's parents had insisted on therapy the second after the funeral ended. And as much as he loathed to admit it, he felt.. better. Much better than he had in a very long time.

His therapist, Ms Watterson (apparently Americans are kinda okay at the whole mental health thing) helped him work through his bigoted views, and he's working on getting his temper under control.

He looked up at the piles of trash blocking the view of the beach. Time to get to work.

"Heya kiddo!" Izuku turned to look at Oboro and grinned. "Hi Oboro-nii!" He responded. They'd adopted a sort of big-brother-little-brother relationship. "What're you doing?" He asked. "Practicing making myself visible!" Izuku chirped.

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, "and how's that going for you?"

"Pretty well, actually!" The green bean smiled. Oboro mumbled something about it being "too damn bright".

It had been about a month since Izuku's death. A month since he'd seen his mom. He still missed her, desperately, but the ache in his chest was dissipating, slowly.

At the moment they were hanging out near the beach. It looked like someone was cleaning it up a little. That was nice.

There was a rattle of bottles and a growl of frustration within the pile of garbage. Izuku froze. He knew that voice. That voice only caused pain. Suddenly his chest constricted and there wasn't any air in his lungs why wasn't he breathing—

His vision whited out, and the last thing he remembered was a surprised yell from Shirakumo.

Oboro doesn't know what made Greeny freak out so bad. He remembers sometimes Shota would panic like that 'cause of his past, but Midoriya never mentioned anything about foster homes and the smell of alcohol—

He was getting off track.

As he was saying, the child he'd claimed as his younger brother was dissociating and he didn't know how to help. At this point the best he could do was wait it out.

A blond boy laid in the sand where he'd cleared out a chunk of the dump. Gods, if Izuku had been here he would've rambled about the newest All Might merch to come out or something cool a hero had done. Maybe then it wouldn't be so fucking quiet.

Katsuki hated the quiet.

(His Izu was never quiet.)

———
I think I prefer shorter chapters. Also, a bit of a heads up: I might make this one (and vigilante) a choose your own adventure, just to take a lil stress off me with plot. Love you!
500 words