Be Nice

When I get to the dorm, Pearl is grabbing her bag and checking herself in the mirror one last time before she heads out. She's wearing a red, fitted dress with matching lipstick. Her high heels are a nude color with gold rhinestones which goes well with her gold accented purse. I give her a quick 'hey' and a hug before she goes out the door. I know she'll be staying up late, so I decide I will order takeout later in the evening. I tried cooking a while back and failed miserably. From that day on, Pearl and I decided she was going to do the cooking and I was going to do the cleaning.

I put on my bathrobe and head to the showers. I have learned that taking a nice, long shower does wonders when you have a lot on your mind. For me, I have been worrying about the way I have been treating Nate for the past few days. I know there is a reason for my negative demeanor towards him, but I just feel guilty. I decide that from now on, I will keep my rude comments to myself and be as nice as I can to him.

At some point in time, I realize I've been in the shower a little too long, so I close the tap and put on my bathrobe once again. When I near my dorm room, I see someone leaning against it. I immediately slap my forehead, remembering that Nate texted me earlier saying he would be coming around 7. It's already 7:15.

He spots me in an instant and by the way his eyes are traveling my body, I'm guessing he did not expect to see his tutor in a bathrobe.

"I'm really sorry, I will be right out. I just need like 5 minutes." I quickly explain.

"I-It's o-ok. Take your time." he stutters. Weird. It's not unusual to see someone in a bathrobe around the hallway thanks to communal showers, but he's acting he's seen a ghost. I guess it's expected coming from someone who's never had a sister.

I head into the room and put on the first shirt and pant in sight, and comb my hair into a low ponytail. I finish by putting in my hoop earrings and grab my bag before heading out the door.

"Exactly 5 minutes, wow, never saw that coming." he remarks.

"Yeah, well, I can be fast when I want to be."

"When you want to be?" he repeats with his eyes gleaming mischievously. He catches on to the one thing I say that may suggest I like him. Classic Nate.

"Yes, when I want to be. I'm hungry, you know." I paint an innocent smile on my face while eyeing the Chipotle bag in his hands.

We walk down the hall towards the stairs. Once at the bottom of the many stairs of the dorm, we head towards the library.

"Didn't know you were into the Harry Potter series." he says when he sees The Order of the Phoenix written on the cover of the book in my hands.

"Yeah, I basically grew up watching it all beginning to end on repeat. Now I am reading the series. I thought it was about time. Did you ever try watching or reading them?"

"Yeah, actually I did, but I got bored."

"What? How did you get bored? That's ridiculous. You have to give it another try. Maybe watch the series first." I suggest.

"Ok, fine, I will, now can we get on with the tutoring?" We retrieve our notes from our bags and get to work.

Hey! Feel free to leave some comments for me. I am new to the writing world of Wattpad, so any feedback or commentary would help! Hope you guys like the story so far :)