Letter 2: Section 3

~XX14~

The town is beautiful! I think you would take an interest in where we are currently, I know poppy's intrigued. I have some ideas of what their currency would look like and I do believe each idea isn't too far off. Our gold and silver is not of the same value as theirs... it's much more expensive to live here it seems, but their societies seem to be thriving. Who am I to judge... Plus it just means that they'll only love me more here, they're refined people with taste. 

We were journeying with dave to help secure supplies for ourselves and his village

We were journeying with dave to help secure supplies for ourselves and his village. Apparently there are three races in total, Lizard-folk, wolves, and bird-folk. There are people who appear here and become one of the three and have to live in segregation once they change. If they don't they become trees! We're making sure Dave doesn't get hurt.

~XX14.1~

My wish came true! We were able to find more out about each other. Clicks was running away from his crazy wench of a queen. He somehow ended up traveling with pirates and accidentally pledged himself to a goddess (Raven Queen) and is originally from "Place Harbor". Poppy came from "Sparklewoods" and grew up around other goblins in a cave. Tortellini said he's looking for other tortles, but he was raised by elves in "Library Place". I shared with them that I am from "the Shanty," I mentioned my father and mother, but I made sure to keep my sister's and you out of the picture. I'll tell them one day, as I do trust each of my friends with my life, but not yet... it's not the right time. Dave shared with us he was a trader, he decided he liked life here and was okay with becoming a new species. Tortellini also elaborated with us that he is looking for the sea... Well I should mention he described it as having a "Bloodlust" for the sea. He did say we can keep his shell if he dies, so that's a plus. I also got to read Tortlini's stuff! I was very honored that he was okay sharing his craft with me! 

~XX14.2~

Lady Leda, I need you to explain how people become trees that can rob people? Dave mentioned it to us, but none of it makes sense. According to what we've been told the crystals that provide the artificial sunlit and night sky also affect what species people become. They could be any race, but if they remain in this town for too long they turn into a Lizard-folk, a wolf, or a bird-person. Dave explained that there have been groups who have traveled together and when they stayed here for too long they had to split up because they were one of the three species. Those who rejected that way of life and didn't want to conform to the rest of society's standards lived in the forest and that's where I get lost all over again. Somehow those people become "mindless" trees that steal supplies. You're the smartest person I know, how is this even possible? I would collect a sample for you, of the crystals, but they are out of my reach at the moment. Maybe I can bring you here one day, so you may study them?