♡ prologue

Jaemi

I tapped my stick on the ground as my hands touched the lockers desperately as I walked on the corridor.

A small smile plastered on my face as I walked peacefully.

'Today will be great', is a phrase I have always repeated in my mind every time I go to school.

I tried to make out my surroundings with my exceedingly blurry vision.

Students walking and running in the halls, green lockers here in my left, bright lights on the ceiling, and doors in my right.

Mom made me transfer here because of the bullying incident on my former school.

It's not like the bullying is going to end now but I would like to stay positive despite having to foresee the future.

"Ah," I grunted as my left foot tripped on something.

I was about to fall when I gripped hard on a locker and managed to balance myself on my stick.

Once I regained composure I pushed my shades up my nose.

"Sorry," I heard a girl say as she giggled along with a few other girls.

Was that really an apology though?

"Oh, it's alright," I said with a smile.

I felt someone rest their hand on my shoulder. "Hey, can you stop pretending to be blind? Its really annoying."

"Yeah. And you look stupid, by the way." Another female voice said.

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "Who says I'm pretending?"

There was silence for a few seconds until I heard someone snicker. "If you are blind, then how many fingers am I holding up?"

As she asked that, a blurry sight, the color of skin, appeared and I tried my best to figure it out. "Three? Four?"

Laughter beamed and the girl said, "it's two, dummy."

"Geez, you are blind," another female voice said.

"Correction, I have really blurry vision, I'm not blind." I shrugged again.

"Ew, come on girls. We don't wanna be friends with the wrong sort."

Of course...

You wouldn't want to be friends with a blind person, would you?

The laughter soon became faint which meant that they must have walked away from me.

I forced a happy smile on my face as I continued walking.

I soon heard a lot of whispers and suddenly, everything became silent.

I stopped on my pace, trying to figure out what was happening until I felt something being thrown at me.

I backed a little, from surprise.

"What's happening..." I whispered.

I started feeling dozens of crumpled paper being thrown at me from every direction and laughter soon echoed in the room.

As I tried avoiding the papers I slipped. "Ah!"

I landed on my butt and the throwing stopped but the laughter didn't.

Blind and bullied.

Isn't it lovely?

"Hey, what's going on?!" I heard a male's voice beam and everyone turned quiet.

Suddenly there was a looming shadow over me. Its like a tall teacher. Or student.

The figure seemed to have blonde dyed hair and fair skin. And he's wearing the color of our school uniform. He is a student.

He crouched down and I felt his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

I faked a smile and nodded my head.

He helped me stand up and dusted the back of my uniform.

"I know you're not okay." He said in a monotonous voice. "I'm Yoshi, by the way, can we be friends?"

I blinked multiple times.

Did I hear that correctly?

A wide smile etched across my face as I nodded vigorously.

I heard him chuckle and then I felt arms around me. His embrace is so warm.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe around me."