♡ three

Jaemi

"And that is how you get pi, thank you." I said softly and bowed.

"Very good, Do Jaemi! Outstanding!" Our math teacher exclaimed and I heard her clapping her hands.

Some of my classmates started clapping too and a smile crept up my face.

"Do Jaemi is the perfect example of a good student, everyone." What she said shocked me. "She's nearly blind yet she manages to ace her exams every time. She solves problems easily and you know why?"

I bit my bottom lip and looked down.

I don't like being shined by a teacher. It makes other students see me as competition or an obstacle. Instead of getting along with them, they won't like me anymore.

"She always studies, she studies with all her might."

Soon enough the bell rang and I sighed in relief.

Thank goodness.

"Okay, class dismissed!"

And with that, I tapped my stick around and scurried over to my seat. The students' chatter and footsteps filled the room while I take my things with me.

The moment I managed to get out of the room without bumping anywhere, three blurry figures stood before me. I'm guessing three females?

"Where's your cheat paper?" I heard one ask.

"Cheat paper?" I repeated, not knowing what they're asking for.

"How did you get pi then without cheating, huh?" I heard another one scoff.

What the heck is this one saying?

"I just studied," I said briefly as I tapped my stick on the floor to feel where an opening is.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I would like to eat lunch." I said, in a slight sassy manner.

If these girls are sassy, I won't let them walk over me. I'll try to be as sassy as they are.

"As if we'll let you, smart ass." One said.

Our teacher must have went out already because if she's still here, she wouldn't let these girls bully me.

"I like that nickname," I smirked at them. "Good thing you know I'm smart, dumb asses."

"Why you little..." a girl hissed.

I felt someone push my shoulder so I grunted.

"What could happen if I throw this little stick of yours away huh?"

I felt my stick flew out of my hand and drop to the ground. I gasped in surprise. One of them must have slapped it out my hand.

I held a hand on the doorway as I clutched my heavy books on my other. I can't lose balance.

If I hit my head again on the ground like before I might go completely blind, or I might have memory loss. Or worse, I might die.

"Not so strong now without your petty stick, huh?" A girl laughed.

I felt several pushes on my shoulders and so my grip on the doorway loosened. I was about to lose balance when I felt a big hand grip on my wrist and an arm snaking around my waist.

The touch is familiar.

And the scent...

"What are you three doing to her?" I heard Yoshi ask, irritation in her voice.

"Kanemoto-kun..."

"Yoshi oppa it's not what you think it is!"

"She was the one who pushed us first, oppa!"

Yoshi helped me stand up properly before turning to the girls again.

"I know what happened, now go before I report this to the guidance office!" He said, his voice loud and a little deeper than usual.

The girls squeaked and I heard several footsteps on the floor running away.

"You don't always have to help me, you know..." I chuckled. "I can protect myself on my own."

Lies hahaha.

"I want to help you," he said, stroking my head slowly. "It's my decision to do so."

"But like I said, you don't have to---"

I felt his finger on my lips which made my eyes wide.

"Shh, just let me." He whispered.

He pulled his finger away and ruffled my hair.

I grinned and looked down, hiding my blushing face.