♡ six

Jaemi

After thirty minutes of laying peacefully in this stretcher I started growing bored and just kept my eyes close. But I opened them immediately when the door opened with a lot of doctors going in.

Chatters and clatters of their small metal tools ringed in this room. One of the doctors bought in a trolley with something in it and I couldn't quite pinpoint what was it.

"Hello there," A woman with a face mask greeted me. All of them have face masks and surgical clothes on. And somehow, it made me feel uncomfortable.

Although their faces are blurry, I can see the light color of blue covering the color of their skin.

As they continue their chatters about what they are about to do, one of them held an oxygen mask and gave an eye smile to me.

"Just breathe normally, it will only make you sleep." And as he said that, he placed the oxygen mask on me and as he said, I breathed, and I inhaled something that smells weird.

Its probably anesthesia because the sound of their voices counting down became faint as the second passes.

And the next thing I knew was in this state of oblivion, and bright lights filled my sight with this calming twinkling tune in my ears.

What amazed me is how I see them very clearly, but probably because its all in my head.

It feels like home.

. . .

Ugh... I feel...

I feel weird.

As consciousness stirred in me, I started feeling the cold of the air conditioner and I started hearing the beeping of what they call the EKG machine.

I grunted as I opened my eyes, bright surroundings greeting me. Everything is still blurry but after a minute my eyes adjusted.

I held my breath in astonishment as I let my eyes wander across the clear figure of the door, the clear sight of the machine beside me, and the clear sight of a guy with blue-colored clothes laying down on a bench in the corner of the room.

There is no oxygen mask in my face right now, and there is no needle or tube sticking in me which made me smile.

I stretched my feet and groaned, feeling ready to sit up and jump out of bed.

Where could mom and Yoshinori be?

The guy on the bench started groaning and stretching too so I froze in my place, anticipating to see Yoshi's face smiling at me.

But it was a nurse. Well, it explains the blue clothes.

"Oh... you're awake," the male nurse said and smiled at me.

I can't believe that I am actually seeing the definitions of his face clearly. Its not blurry but I could see the sharp jawline and the high bridged nose. The details are so clear and I feel like crying having it be the first time in so many years that I can finally see everything properly.

"Are you okay?" The nurse asked in a concerned tone, walking towards me.

"No," I answered quickly and chuckled. "I'm more than okay!"

I sighed and giggled as a smile stretched upon the nurse's face.

"I understand, and we're happy to hear that," he replied briefly. "I'm getting your mom. You stay here, okay? Some patients tend to wander off."

I laughed at what he said and nodded. "You can count that I won't be moving an inch."

He smiled at me once again and left the room.