XLII

Hmm

Hmm.. this takes place the moment Yeona left the wedding
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Nari watched as Heejoon's carriage took away her daughter. Filled with despair she turned to see the King talking to a servant.

"See.. Nari everything went perfectly. All of the girls have been returned." The man spoke.

Nari clenched her fists,"I don't give a damn about the girls in our kingdom." Nari spoke.

The King rolled his eyes,"You have to understand this was necessary. Had Yeona not been married off, we might have continued to lose more of the-"

"Jung Jaegeun.. Stop talking to me as if I want to hear the shit coming out of your mouth." The woman spoke. "Jieun and Sieun, lets go." The woman took the twins and left the wedding venue with them so they could get their own carriage and return to the castle.

The man sighed and turned to the servant. "Please have this venue cleaned properly." He turned to leave the room.

The Queen entered the castle and immediately went to a separate chamber. She was heavily considering a divorce with the King. If only it wasn't illegal.

Courtesy of the King for making it a law.

It was almost as if he knew the Queen would want to leave him one day.

He's beginning to tear this family apart. The Queen thought. Completely ignoring the fact that she was one of the reasons why Wooyoung had left in the first place.

Sitting on her bed the Queen suddenly thought of what she could do. Fine. If it's come to this.. then I'll do it. The woman got up and went to enter the library of the castle so she could do research.

・:*:・

Jieun and Sieun sat down in their bedroom sadly. "Should we try sneaking out again to find Yoonjae?" Jieun proposed.

"We could go.. but what if someone is out there guarding?" Sieun asked.

"We don't have a choice. It's best if we try going right now." Jieun spoke before suddenly remembering,"Wait- do you remember where we went when we went into town with the two of them that one night?"

Sieun nodded.

"Alright, let's change." Jieun spoke and the two girls changed out of dresses into hand sewn black outfits they had made. They knew if they asked tailors to prepare them the outfits, it would have been very suspicious.

The two girls opted out of dinner and waited for the sun to set before taking the same secret path their sister had shown them months ago.

"Hey, did you give her your weaponized jewelry too?" Jieun asked, ducking under trees and creeping with Sieun past the castle gate.