Chapter 3-Double Mindset

A/N This chapter was written by my friends! I'm just writing it down. Follow her: Zoey Hebert, S785171. Enjoy!

SAYORI'S POV

I slammed my front door shut and raced to my room excitedly. My mother isn't usually home until about 3 in the morning, so I have the house to myself for a while. I usually get home and do my homework but....

I don't think I'll ever be able to focus after today....

I swung my bedroom door open and glided into my bed. It's a decent size bed, really, but I wish it could have been bigger. I decorate it with stuffed animals and a tacky heart comforter on it. I've had that little stuffed bear on the right corner since I was 3.  I used to hug her when my parents would yell at each other. Thank God they don't do that anymore. I grabbed one of my pink pillows and stuffed my face with it, squealing with delight. Monika was popular, a straight A student. She has loads of friends and admirers, fortunately I'm one of them. I'm just a quiet girl with a measly amount of friends. Only a handful aren't toxic, but why would I give them up? Just a little bit is better than none.

I feel like I'm just a drop of water in her stream of friends, does she even know I exist? Today was the day she might've noticed me! Oh, who am I kidding...? She probably hates me after today! I embarrassed her in front of everybody! UGH, why did it have to be right there?! I was just casually on my way to meet Yuri in front of the tennis courts. She said she wanted to talk to me. But, then again, I'm kinda...happy...?

-Sayori's dream...more like nightmare- 3RD PERSON POV

*Sayori and Monika are sitting on a hill together having a picnic in the evening sunset*

Sayori: "M-Monika, I-I love you!!!! I'm sorry I haven't been able to tell you before, but I'm just so nervous around you!"

Monika: "W-Whoa, calm down, I l-like you too..."

Sayori: "Really?!"

Monika: "Yes! I've always have! Sayori, let's go to college together, better yet, let's get married!"

Sayori: "Oh thank you Monika! Monika...?"

*Sayori glanced to her left where Monika was sitting alongside her*

Sayori: "M-MONIKA?! MONIKA, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

*Sayori could her faint laughter behind her...all around her. She watched in horror as pieces of sky and land disappeared altogether. First the sun, then people, hills, trees, just...gone. Sayori felt her face getting hot with excitement as tears ran down her face. After a long 5 minutes of this, the vanishing and laughter stopped. Her face was buried in her hands. She looked and saw Monika standing above her. But something wasn't right. Monika's demeanor was different, her presence, her intentions had...shifted. The mood of the now endless white space around her was the complete opposite of what she had felt almost 15 minutes ago. An intense feeling pulsed around the two girls as they stared at each other. Sayori decided to break the awkward silence by asking Monika a question.*

Sayori: "Monika, what's going o-"

Monika: "OH SHUT UP SAYORI, DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE YOU EVER HAD A CHANCE WITH ME?! WHAT YOU DID WAS UNFORGIVABLE! WHO WOULD WANT TO DATE SOMEONE WHO RUINS THEIR LIFE...?!"

Sayori: "Monika..."

Monika: "LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION SAYORI..."

*Sayori awaited Monika's next words, she had a hunch that what might come next might stick with her forever...*

Monika: "HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?!"

*Sayori awoke with a crook in her neck, startled from her dream. She couldn't sleep for another 3 hours. She laid awake, reading way too much into her nightmare. She didn't know how to distract herself. She was deep in thought. Shame and doubt crept up the white walls of Sayori's lonesome bedroom...*

A/N- Well, there you have it! I finally finished it! It took me so long, with the constant going back and forth with tabs, because my friend emailed me the chapter, and I was being a lil' slow poke. I really hope you enjoyed it! Chapter 4 will be coming soon! But as for now, good day and good bye! ◕‿◕

A/N-This made me cry, ngl. (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

Forgot to add this, smh

Bye~~~! ヽ(^o^)丿