Update From the Author

Hi readers, it's been awhile.

It has been over a year since I last touched Aftermath, or really even thought deeply about it. Of course it was always lingering in the back of my mind that I wanted to keep writing it and ultimately finish the story, but I could never bring myself to. Writer's block had me by the throat so to speak. 

Hopefully that will be changing soon. 

I have started the first stages of rethinking the storyline and restructuring the entire plot. This was something I struggled with immensely last year and it was definitely a huge factor that contributed to me putting Aftermath on a permanent hiatus. I am entirely unhappy with it so far, and that's why before I start publishing new content, I will be redoing the chapters that have already been published. I expect them to look nothing like they do now, so it will take some time for me to get there before I'm comfortable producing anything NEW new. 

I apologize in advance if there are some inconsistencies with the plot. Inevitably these will be some of the shortcomings left over from when I wrote The World Without Them that were too prominent and important to the story for me to edit out. I will do my best to make it the easiest read possible that makes the most sense, and in turn make it the most enjoyable story it can be. 

This being said, I also apologize if Aftermath doesn't live up to the standards some have told me TWWT set. The World Without Them made a bigger splash than I ever anticipated and I am SO grateful, but producing a book that is just as good if not better is an immense amount of pressure. Of course I will make the best effort I can, but I'm taking this book back as something I cherish. I'm writing it again because I love what I have created and genuinely enjoy carrying it on. I refuse to let Aftermath feel like a burden to me just because some people think it's not as good as TWWT. Please understand that I've put my blood, sweat, and tears into these two books and love them unconditionally, just as much as I love you all for continuing to support me in my writing journey. That's why I ask that you bear this in mind while reading and refrain from making comments aimed to tear me and Aftermath down, whether unintentional or not (constructive criticism is always welcome though)! 

Thank you all so much for sticking by and waiting for me, I'm sorry it took this long. Frost, Sage, Mana, and the crew will be making their comeback soon. I hope you're looking forward to it (:

With All My Love,

Alyssa