Reign

~Laloni (lay·lon·é)~

"What's next." I asked, yawning. He looked over at me with a scrunched up face. "First you brush yo stank ass breath." Of course something like this was coming from his mean butt. "Um excuse me, you woke me up at-,"  I paused to look at the clock on the wall seeing that it was 8:45 in the morning. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head. "8 o'clock expecting for me to be up and running. Plus you're in my house. Please chill." He rolled his eyes, sitting at the table. "Whatever. Anyways. Tonight you're going to Doll House to handle important business." He leaned back in the chair, eating a breakfast burrito.

"What exactly does business mean?" knowing him he'd have me up there stripping and I most definitely was not bout that life. I had zero experience with poles. "Not like that punk, okay. Do you remember that guy that I took you to see a while back? The one that said some shit about you being too young for him. "

I immediately knew who he meant. That was the first man who ever denied me and hurt my feelings. His name started with a 'Z' and it was on the tip of my tongue. He was handsome as hell. I was confused though, I met him a few months ago, so what makes him want to see me now?

As soon as my mouth opened, Charlie cut me off. ”Exactly. He must’ve played me for stupid.” With each word, he banged on my counter. “Are you sure that’s what he wants to see me for?” I know it sounded stupid, but it was an option because this really wasn’t making sense. ”What else could he want you for Lay?” I rolled my eyes. “Well I don’t know but he really did make a big deal about our age difference.” I bit the corner of my lip, thinking of that day. He went off as soon as he made eye contact with me. I mean was he expecting for me to have been an old lady?

It’s not like I’m not legal. I am. “You’re missing the big picture. As usual. I swear you act stupid as hell majority of the time.” “Okay, I ‘act stupid as hell’ just because I don’t understand your paranoia?” He cut his eyes at me. “No you act stupid as hell because you are a fucking prostitute. No fucking man that claims you are too young all of a sudden wants to ‘see’ you just to have a conversation. If you were too young then you are still too young now. He don’t want you for sex. He wants you for a scheme."

I clenched my jaw, trying to contain my sudden jolt of anger. ”Do not call me that!” The words slithered off my tongue so sharply that I had to stop every ounce of movement coming from my body. I’m pretty sure my tone surprised him too. “What? Don’t call you what exactly?” I stayed silent staring at him. My second biggest pet peeve is when people try to play me. No, don’t do that. He rolled his sleeves up, looking over at me. “Don’t try to act like all of a sudden you hate the word prostitute because that’s what you are Laloni. You’re a prostitute, point blank period.” The smile on his face sent me over the edge.

I could feel my eyes and nose burn as I became angrier within each passing second. “Get the fuck out.” I wanted to hop over the bar just to hit him in his mouth but I didn’t. “Since when did I take orders from you?” he asked balling up his wrapper, and tossing it in front of him. I snatched it up, and threw it at his head as hard as I could. I swear he really pissed me off. He laughed, shielding his face. “I'm not playing with you. Get out my house right now.” None of this was my choice so I really don’t appreciate him throwing it in my face every chance he got.

Yeah, for some reason I always find myself feigning for sex, but being forced to do it defeats its whole purpose and I hate it. Sex isn’t just sex in my situation. There’s a difference and unless you took the time out to walk in my shoes, you wouldn’t be able to understand even if you tried. That’s real.

 I turned my back towards him once I heard the bar stool scrape against the marble floor. “Be dressed by 11 because that when Travis is coming to pick you up. Just be ready.” With that, he was gone and I was thankful as hell. I couldn't help but to be scared though. This would be my third official time handling business and if anything were to go wrong Charlie would be nowhere to be found. Apparently he wasn't aloud to be caught partying or his cover as sophisticated Charlie Jackson could be in jeopardy. I find it ridiculous how his career is apparently more important than my life. I knew Travis had my back though. He was a little older than me, maybe early twenties and he'd been my bodyguard since I was first forced into this.He was like a big brother to me behind closed doors, but that was only because Charlie didn't want us having any conversation apart from work. Its nerve wrecking honestly. I sighed, thinking of him.

~August (aw·gust)~

I grabbed my tie from off of the dresser, throwing it around my neck. I was trying to multitask since I had to be at work and ready to present another way on how we could promote the company by 10 o'clock. I knew time was ticking and I was barely ready. You'd think I'd have this down pact by now since I've been working at the job for about a year and a half but shit, Rae being here was a distraction.

I walked back in the bathroom, spitting the access toothpaste out my mouth. I wet my toothbrush a little, sticking it back in my mouth to walk out again. "Rae. Rae, get up I'm bout to leave." With each word I pushed her shoulder harder. She jerked away from me, pushing my hand away. "Man move August shit, spitting all over me." I pushed her shoulder again, using my other hand to finish brushing my teeth. "Well getcho ass up den." I knew what I said but I'm pretty sure it sounded something like 'whaa get the ass somethin'.

She popped her head up, rolling her low eyes at me. I shrugged walking back in the bathroom to spit. I don't give a fuck, thought she knew. I rinsed the toothbrush off again, cupping water in my hands to wash off my face. "Why can't I just stay here until I fully wake up?" She asked, walking towards the toilet to pee I guess. "Since when did I ever let you stay here while I was gone?" She was obviously talking out the side of her neck this morning.

I shook my head at her, brushing my hair down. "Since when did you not trust me?" She flushed the toilet, walking over to the sink where I was standing. "I never said I ain't trust you, but you know our situation so it'd be kinda crazy for me to let you stay in my house." She sighed from my comment, washing her hands in the sink beside me. "You know what August? I'm starting to think you can't handle this friends with benefits thing we got going. You being real petty right now." I nearly choked on air. "Um, I can't handle it, yet you the one complaining about me letting you stay in my house while I'm not here. Ain't nothing changed and if that's how you feel, you can get ta steppin now." I cut the water off, attempting to leave the bathroom, her hand firmly grabbed my shoulder, and I quickly shrugged it off. "You know that's not what I meant, nor was it how I meant it. You piss me off with that assuming shit." She looked up at me with a serious pout, I honestly wanted to laugh but that'd start a whole another argument. "You know what? I don't have time foe this. After I fucked you last night was yo que to leave but since you here, will you tie my tie?" Towards the end of my comments, I calmed down, to sound a little sweeter.

She grabbed both ends, roughly. "I hate your stupid ass." I grinned, noddinrg.

 Rae in mm- 21 years old