Mr.Charlie Jackson Pt. ²

~August (aw·gust)~

I positioned myself in front of the toilet, getting ready to pee, when the bathroom door opened revealing Rae. I rolled my eyes at her just barging in. "Why you don't ever knock like you live here or something." She looked in the large mirror, plugging up the flat iron that she'd brought in here knowing she could've did this bullshit in the room. Or anywhere else in this house for that matter. "Because this mirror is the biggest and I like it most. You acting like I haven't seen yo chicken nugget before." I looked over at her, then down at Mr. Classy trying to see where the chicken nugget was, and if she did see a chicken nugget, she was seeing at least 7 of them motherfuckers stacked high. Before I could respond she looked over, to where I'd tossed the business card, placing it between both her pointer and thumb."What's this?"

I flushed the toilet, letting the seat back down with my face scrunched up. "Can you mind your business for once." I nudged her over with my elbow, to get to the sink. She nudged me back. "No seriously, what is this? This card looks familiar." by now she had parted her hair in four sections, looking like Stitch. "It's a man that I'm working with business card, he invited me to come over to dinner tonight." "Are you going?" I pulled my shirt over my head, walking over to the shower to turn it on. "I don't want to but I feel like I might have to." I kicked my pants and briefs off, letting the water get warm before hopping in. I heard her sigh. "August you do know that you have a right and option to say no. No one can force you to do something you don't want to do. That's part of our freedom." I rolled my eyes. "And if you feel like you gotta do it just because you guys are working together, then you're wrong. I'm sure he'd understand that you just don't feel comfortable with hanging out with him outside of work this soon." She apparently didnt see where I was coming from, and I sort of expected her to. I mean she was blowing this whole ordeal way out of proportion. All I said was that I didn't really want to go but I didnt feel as if I had a choice, That's just like yo momma telling you to do yo homework, then yo dad say to go watch TV. I have a choice, but I just chose to go to the more safe rode. Besides I didn't want to set a bad example already. I told the man I was coming, and when I tell somebody Ima do something I do it.

"It's fine ima go. I already told the man I was coming. It's not like I got anything better to do." I scrubbed my back and neck, with my head cocked back and my eyes closed. The water felt good, and lately I've been lacking of shit that felt good. "Oh well in that case I wanna go." my eyes popped open, thinking of how she acted when we were in front of people. Clingy, whiny, annoying, and like a kid most of all. I think she wanted outsiders to think that we were together. That couldn't fly tonight. I wanted to make my best impression and her being there would definitely not be the route. I'd end up losing my cool and hit this bitch, now how would that look?

"No." There was so much bass in my voice I thought the floor had vibrated. A few seconds later cold air was hitting my body and the shower curtain was being yanked to the side. I glared in her direction, feeling the goosebumps covering my skin already. "Why can't I come? You lying to me about where you're going?" I pulled the curtain back from her grip. "Once again, we are not together so why does it matter, and no I just don't want you scaring off everybody with yo fucked up attitude." she scoffed loudly, pulling the curtains once again. I reached up to pinch the bridge of my nose, praying that God was sending a angel down her way. Cause I was surely about to fuck her little ass up. "Fucked up attitude? That makes two of us then. I'll be ready in a hour." she looked up at the clock on the wall that read somewhere around 5pm, then fixed the curtain so that air was no longer coming in. I shook my head wondering how I was able to deal with this bitch for so long. Talking about she'd be ready in a hour. I didn't even know when the shit started. Let alone where it was, I guess I'd have to call when I got out the shower.

~Laloni (lay·lon·é)~

I looked down at my fingernails, trying to keep my attitude to a minimum. I was 19 years old and Charlie was sitting here talking to me like I was a kid. "I can't come to the dinner, you set me up for an appointment. Remember?" The smile on my face was obviously sarcastic and I knew he could see right through it. I didn't care though. "I canceled it because I'm in charge remember." I rolled my eyes so hard that I thought they would fall out of my eye socket. "How you just gone cancel without my consent? I'm not getting paid for coming to dinner, but I am getting paid for the appointment. It just doesn't make sense for you to need me anyway. Why wont you have another girl do it?" I hated how he acted like I was the only female working for him! I wish he would go hop on someone else dick.