Lifestyle

~Laloni (lay·lon·é)~

I woke up the next morning to someone tapping my head repeatedly. I smacked the hand away, with an aggravated huff. "Stop touching me!" I pulled the cover over my head, hearing thundering outside. I enjoyed the noise thinking that whoever had went away.

After another few moments passed, and I felt my body relax, I heard my door push open and footsteps getting closer. I clenched my eyes tightly together, to try concentrating on the rain until they started to hurt. Before I could unclench my eyes, someone poured water over my head making me gasp. Water went down my throat and up my nose, causing me to immediately start choking. The water kept coming down until they seen that I was struggling to breathe. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Mr. Jackson told me to wake you up and I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to upset him again!" She tried patting my back but I shrugged her hand off lunging towards her.

I wrapped my fingers around her throat attempting to choke her as she previously did to me. She fell to the ground, with me angrily on top of her. "You stupid bitch," I sat on top of her stomach, reaching to the side of me for the big plastic bowl that she used to put the water in. I grabbed it, hitting her in the face with it. I knew that it wasn't hurting as much as I wanted it to, but it was something. After I hit her maybe five times, I rolled off of her tired. I looked at her face, that didn't have any bruises, which upset me more but I didn't have enough energy to hit her again. All I wanted to do was lay down in my bed and sleep, but I couldn't because it was soaked.

I sighed, ignoring the tight pain in my chest standing to my feet. I extended a hand to help her up. I know, 'what the fuck' ? But in the mornings sometimes I tend to step out of character. Everyone knew not to wake me up out of my sleep, especially when it was thundering. That's why it's always a new face up here to wake me up. Apparently she was new. She looked at my hand before declining with a confused look. She stood to her feet also. "What the fuck! I said sorry! Some girls downstairs said that Mr. Jackson said to wake you up. I didn't know you would attack me!" I rolled my eyes. I only send one peace offering she didn't take it. Oh well. "Look just have these sheets out of my room by the time I come out." I let out a breath, about to walk away.

I stopped in my tracks when she opened her mouth. "Uhm? What no, I'm not a maid." I turned to look at her. I could see the attitude all on her face. Bitch.

I felt my chest tighten as my blood pressure rose with each passing second. I could feel myself getting angry, as my eyes burned. I blinked, rushing to get my phone. She was looking at me as if I was a crazy woman. Yet she never moved from her spot. Nor did the huge wet spot covering my sheets and mattress. He answered the phone on the second ring. "What you doing up this early little-," I cut him off. "Travis, I'm feeling crazy again, please get up here and now!" He hung up sensing the urgency in my voice. "Are you okay?" I put my hand up, pacing back and forth. No more than 10 seconds later, Travis busted in the room with a 9mm in his left hand. His eyes roamed the room until they went to the girl. "Yo, I'm bout sick of this bitch," he cocked the gun, about to aim it at her, her eyes widened in fear.

I wanted to stop him, but my chest grew tight again and my breathing picked up. I grabbed ahold of the dresser to steady myself. I felt as if I was going to faint. "Travis." I mumbled. He looked over at me, his face filled with shock, he threw the gun down, rushing over to where I was at, sitting me on the bed. He rushed into the bathroom, opening the cabinet. 2 seconds later he came out with a bottle of pills and my inhaler.

He stuffed it in my mouth, and pumped twice. I let out a sigh laying back on my bed. He told the girl to get out. Silence filled the room and my eyes grew watery. " Lay I thought you said you didn't need the pills anymore." I shrugged. "I didn't. I only need my inhaler." I mumbled. He grabbed my hand. "If you would take your pills, you wouldn't need either of them!" He threw them at me, indicating that he was getting upset. "You need to chill out. This was the first attack I've had in three months," I got off the bed. "and it was only because she dumped water on my face to wake me up." He looked up at me. "She what??" He asked, ready to stand up. I pushed him back down. I could still feel my heart beating hard like it was trying to jump out of my chest. "It was a accident she didn't know." He scoffed. "Bullshit. That little accident could've killed you then what?" I rolled my eyes.